Jenny Poore has gone from Enterprise SDR to Manager and Senior Manager in under 3 years at Sprout Social. What is she doing right?
In that time, she has cracked the code on what it takes to build a high performance team. During this interview, we dive into how she sets goals, creates a culture of success on her team and delivers results.
This is a must listen!
The Sales Development Conference 2019 is coming up August 23rd in San Francisco. We have a few Early Bird Tickets left, and just announced Team Packs (buy 4 get 1 Free). grab em today ! http://tenbound.com/conference/
#SDR #BDR #salesdevelopmentrep #salesdevelopment #prospecting #coldcalling #salesloft #outreach #sales #tenbound #salesforce #salesappointment #revenue #salesops #salesdev19 #marketingops #salesforce #tech #salestech #marketingtech #salestraining #brighttalk #salesenablement #discoverorg #leadgeneration #accountbasedmarketing #abm
“I just think that there’s so much that you can do as an SDR and BDR to demonstrate that you’re hungry for some types of opportunities. And then you honestly just need to find the leaders that are going to help identify those things in you when you might not do it yourself.”
– Jenny Poore
“I think the interesting piece that we’re really trying to drive is that you should feel totally comfortable going to your leader or manager and saying like, ‘I have some ideas about how to make things better.’ So not always thinking about like, ‘Oh man, why does it have to be this way?’ Or, ‘why does Jenny forget to send her one-on-one notes out, for instance?’ It’s those types of things that can easily wear away on a sales organization if they just continue to fester. And I try to get ahead of that. I think it’s really important to get that feedback and hopefully do it in a way that people are willing to share.”
– Jenny Poore
In this show, we talk often about strategies, tactics, and tips on how to do outbound perfectly—or as close to perfect as we can get. One thing that we don’t talk about often is how we handle inbound sales. What happens when prospects reach out? What happens during qualification? What do the bots say to set up meetings? Luckily, Jenny Poor, Senior Sales Development Manager at Sprout Social, will share what she knows and make our inbound processes a lot more streamlined.
Today’s Guest: Jenny Poore
Jenny Poore fell in love with sales at her first BDR job after which, she got what she likes to call a mini-MBA from working at a business professor’s consulting firm, where she only fell in love with sales more. After deciding that she wanted to see more direct results from her efforts, she came by Sprout Social, where she climbed the ranks to become a Senior Sales Development Manager who makes sure she’s investing on her team to become the best sales development people there are.
The episode touches on the following key topics and ideas:
- Check out the 2019 Tenbound Sales Development Conference (00:00)
- David introduces the episode’s guest, Jenny Poore (01:02)
- Jenny Poore and sales development (02:24)
- A day in the life of a consultant (05:24)
- What consulting projects look like (06:53)
- Sprout and rising the ranks into a leadership role (07:30)
- Making opportunities known to your SDRs and BDRs (10:18)
- Getting to be in charge of the inbound program at Sprout Social (12:58)
- Evolving the inbound program and setting it up for success (14:48)
- The importance of having set processes in place (17:38)
- SDR reporting and monitoring progress (19:02)
- Showing what the SDRs are doing and the value they bring into the company (23:00)
- Disclosing recorded inbound calls (25:46)
- Recorded outbound calls (26:20)
- The value of start-stop-continue meetings (27:17)
- Feedback given in the start-stop-continue meetings (29:55)
- How Jenny Poore stays organized amidst all her duties (31:30)
- Staying on top of meetings (and being fine with cancelling them!) (32:00)
- Documenting through Evernote (32:57)
- Being transparent with expectations (34:48)
- The chat feature in the inbound processes (35:15)
- Handling the scheduling within the chatbots (38:33)
- Proactive vs. reactive chat (39:46)
- David’s chat stories (41:46)
- What’s next for Jennifer Poore (43:30)
- Where to find and get in touch with Jenny Poore (46:13)
List of Resources Mentioned in the Episode
Enjoyed this podcast? Want to listen to more episodes to enrich and accelerate your sales career? Hop on over to Tenbound.com!