Account Based strategies foster greater alignment across Marketing, Sales Development and Sales, and are de rigueur in modern revenue engines.
But where do SDR’s fit in to the strategy and how can they add the most value?
Jay Tuel is VP of Sales Development at Demandbase, and thought leader in the practice of Account Based Sales Development.
Listen in as we deconstruct how he goes about setting up his program to maximize this approach, and where SDRs fit in, on this week’s Podcast!
The Sales Development Conference 2019 is coming up August 23rd in San Francisco. EARLY BIRD SOLD OUT, grab remaining tickets while available! http://tenbound.com/conference/
Big thanks to @Darryl Praill of @VanillaSoft for making this podcast possible. Check out their new Sales Engagement solutions here… https://www.vanillasoft.com/solutions/business-function/sales-engagement-platform/
#SDR #BDR #salesdevelopmentrep #salesdevelopment #prospecting #coldcalling #salesloft #outreach #sales #tenbound #salesforce #salesappointment #revenue #salesops #salesdev19 #marketingops #salesforce #tech #salestech #marketingtech #salestraining #brighttalk #salesenablement #discoverorg #leadgeneration #accountbasedmarketing #abm
“In my experience, I think a mix of getting your calls done, leaving voicemails, reaching out to people on social and then doing highly personalized email? That’s what we find that doing a smaller number of those—but each of them having value—that’s what gets us to our goals on a daily basis.”
– Jay Tuel
One of the things that we’ve been seeing become less of a unicorn position of is a VP-level position in sales development. And that means we’ll be seeing more and more of sales development heads taking seats at the table. In this episode of The Sales Development Podcast, we have VP of Sales Development Jay Tuel to talk about how we can up-level our sales development game in a fun way that uplifts everyone on the team.
Today’s Guest: Jay Tuel
Jay Tuel started his career in sales development in an email marketing company before he rose up the ranks to a sales development manager role. Afterwards, he began managing a bigger sales development team until he ultimately ended up at his current company, Demandbase, where he rose to the ranks to become the VP of Sales Development.
The episode touches on the following key topics and ideas:
- Check out the 2019 Tenbound Sales Development Conference (00:00)
- David introduces the episode’s guest, Jay Tuel (01:02)
- Jay Tuel, sales development, and becoming VP of Sales Development at Demandbase (01:43)
- A day in the life of a VP of Sales Development (03:32)
- Giving the freedom for messaging (05:18)
- Jay Tuel’s view on the sales development position (06:08)
- Finding the balance between successful SDRs and hunger to evolve (07:47)
- How to keep the energy up when hiring continuously (10:37)
- Building respect and credibility as someone in sales development (12:08)
- The Do’s and Don’ts of Proespecting (15:10)
- The evolution in quantifying sales development activity (17:42)
- Prospecting Do: What’s in it for me? (20:34)
- “Learn how we can help each other” (22:02)
- In-house SDR function over outsourcing (23:50)
- Prospecting Don’t: Don’t creep out your prospects by referencing a Facebook or Instagram post (24:33)
- Trying out new, creative ways to prospect (26:15)
- Research in 10K’s (28:32)
- Setting aside time to do research (29:30)
- A constant change and experimentation (31:33)
- Friendly competition and bringing everybody up (33:05)
List of Resources Mentioned in the Episode
Enjoyed this podcast? Want to listen to more episodes to enrich and accelerate your sales career? Hop on over to Tenbound.com!
Next Episode: https://tenbound.com/podcast/ep-99-john-steinert/