Most of the highest performing teams and organizations have one thing in common; an incredible coaching culture.
But what does that actually mean, on a daily basis? How to create that ultimate coaching culture at your company?
Nick Psaros has figured it out, and shares with us how he creates this culture. Based on his experience and working with SDRs at some of the highest performing companies in Silicon Valley, he knows how actually do this.
Tune in on this one and start that culture on your team!
The Sales Development Conference 2019 is coming up August 23rd in San Francisco.
EARLY BIRD SOLD OUT, grab remaining tickets while available! → TEAM PACKS available.
Big thanks to Darryl Praill of VanillaSoft for making this podcast possible. Check out their new Sales Engagement solutions here… https://www.vanillasoft.com/solutions/business-function/sales-engagement-platform/
#SDR #BDR #salesdevelopmentrep #salesdevelopment #prospecting #coldcalling #salesloft #outreach #sales #tenbound #salesforce #salesappointment #revenue #salesops #salesdev19#marketingops #salesforce #tech #salestech #marketingtech #salestraining #brighttalk #salesenablement #discoverorg #leadgeneration #accountbasedmarketing #abm
“…it was a lot of creating value and finding the problem that the person needs to be solved and inserting you as the solution to that. It was uncomfortable, absolutely. But [my old company] did a really good job of helping me recognize that your comfort level needs to grow. Otherwise, you won’t grow as a salesperson.”
– Nick Psaros
“Go measure yourself not on how many hours went by in your workday, but measure yourself on what you accomplished that day. If you do that, then you can start to quantify your efforts and move the needle.”
– Nick Psaros
When a sales development team is consistently setting up the best meetings, winning closed-won deals, and always hitting their goals month after month, where does the success come from? From an incredible coaching culture, that’s what!
In this episode of The Sales Development Podcast, we’re talking to Nick Psaros of Egnyte to walk us through what good coaching looks like and how it sets up your sales development reps for success.
Today’s Guest: Nick Psaros
Nick Psaros started his sales career as a 100% commission door-to-door sales man—little did he know that the intensive trainings his company gave him were what would set him up for success years later as a Director of Sales Development from ServiceMax to Egnyte.
The episode touches on the following key topics and ideas:
- David introduces the episode’s guest, Nick Psaros (01:02)
- Nick Psaros, sales development, and Ignite (01:34)
- The impact of door-to-door sales training (04:00)
- Intense, three-hour training sessions got them ready for anything (05:48)
- Is the commitment an old school mentality? (07:34)
- After telling people it’s not a regular SDR job (11:06)
- Leveraging the student mindset (12:42)
- The magic word is ‘goal’ (14:23)
- The mentorship and the daily guidance (16:40)
- Taking ownership of the mentorship and showing you care (20:15)
- An opportunity to learn the industry (24:12)
- How to go about getting mentorship if you’re in a managerial position (27:10)
- Some executives don’t know sales development as well as they should (28:54)
- How SDRs are part lawyer (31:03)
- Building the business case (32:15)
- Getting people to stay in the sales development job (33:38)
- What goes through Nick’s mind when he hears SDRs saying they’re tried everything but nothing’s working (36:26)
- Little goals and little wins every day (41:02)
- Grit and toughing it out (43:45)
- Where to get in touch with Nick Psaros (46:35)
List of Resources Mentioned in the Episode
Enjoyed this podcast? Want to listen to more episodes to enrich and accelerate your sales career? Hop on over to Tenbound.com!
Next Episode: https://tenbound.com/podcast/episode-104-dan-altieri/