Travis Henry spends his days working with different Sales teams all over Silicon Valley and beyond as a consultant with SalesSource.
As he works with these different teams he begins to see patterns emerging in the most common issues and comes up with creative solutions on how to solve those.
Listen in as we dive in to the major issues and how Travis helps solve them for his clients!
The Sales Development Conference 2019 August 23rd in San Francisco.
→ TEAM PACKS available. Bring the whole team: Leadership, RevOps and SDRs.
Big thanks to @Darryl Praill of @VanillaSoft for support of the podcast! Check out their new Sales Engagement solutions here… https://www.vanillasoft.com/solutions/business-function/sales-engagement-platform/
#SDR #BDR #salesdevelopmentrep #salesdevelopment #salesdev19 #sales #marketing
“I think the first point there is that data is only proliferating, not only data about your customers, your prospects, your interactions with them, but all of the internal data that you have access to…and oftentimes, what I see is a big mistake is just diving into the data around the sales development team and looking at all of the noise before you truly understand what I call the do or die metrics of your team.”
– Travis Henry
The sales development rep’s role is continuously evolving to this day, and it doesn’t look like it’s going to stop soon. Because of this Travis Henry has been keeping tabs on how to effectively leverage the SDR’s evolving role and how to be flexible enough to address issues with creative solutions.
Today’s Guest: Travis Henry
Travis Henry is SalesSource’s COO who is an experienced manager. Travis walks and talks sales and sales development. He’s an effective consultant who loves growing revenue by streamlining processes and operations to achieve maximum efficiency.
The episode touches on the following key topics and ideas:
- The 3rd annual Sales Development Conference (00:20)
- David introduces the episode’s guest, Travis Henry (00:58)
- Travis Henry, sales development, and SalesSource (02:15)
- Purchasing the technology is not sufficient (05:20)
- Companies are realizing that alignment is critical (06:10)
- What Travis Henry learned at Blue Wolf (07:28)
- The key piece to aligning marketing, sales, and sales development (11:00)
- Putting a quota on marketing (13:00)
- Marketing committing to quality pipeline (14:30)
- Aligning the sales development organization and grooming them to be the next generation in your company (18:30)
- Where and how data fits into the evolving SDR role (24:35)
- Key do-or-die metrics for your inbound sales development team (27:40)
- Key do-or-die metrics for your outbound sales development team (30:10)
- Conversations as a do-or-die metric and how to track them (33:40)
- Establishing baselines before acquiring new products (38:35)
- When to call on an outsourcing company and when to focus on doing it in-house (41:07)
- Getting in touch with Travis Henry (45:50)
List of Resources Mentioned in the Episode
Enjoyed this podcast? Want to listen to more episodes to enrich and accelerate your sales career? Hop on over to Tenbound.com!
Next Episode: https://tenbound.com/podcast/episode-106-erin-bush/