Revenue Operations has become the term of the day when talking about how to align departments and make the go-to-market team more efficient.
But what does it actually mean?
Resident expert Erin Bush runs RevOps at the industry leader in this field, Leandata, and in this episode walks us through exactly what Revenue Ops means to the Sales Development community, and how it can help you achieve your goals.
Dive in to this episode to learn more about this new collaborative approach!
Come and meet Leandata at The Sales Development Conference 2019 August 23rd in San Francisco. Bring the whole team: Leadership, RevOps and SDRs and meet the team.
Big thanks to Darryl Praill of VanillaSoft for support of the podcast! Check out their new Sales Engagement solutions here… https://www.vanillasoft.com/solutions/business-function/sales-engagement-platform/
#SDR #BDR #salesdevelopmentrep #salesdevelopment #salesdev19 #sales #marketing
“How I look at revenue operations is looking at your entire customer experience from a company that doesn’t know who you are to start to engage with them and actually going through the sales process and then working with them on a long-term basis as a customer. So it’s the systems and the data and the processes behind that whole journey.”
– Erin Bush
The term Revenue Operations has been getting passed around more and more and louder and louder these past few years, but what is Revenue Operations, exactly? What does it do, and how does it help the entire sales process?
In this episode of The Sales Development Podcast, we’re talking to LeanDdata’s Senior Director for Revenue Operations, Erin Bush, to walk us through what Revenue Operations is, its role in the sales process, and how it fits into the streamlining the whole customer experience.
Today’s Guest: Erin Bush
Erin Bush started her career in operations as a sales development rep who wanted to see the entire buyer experience from all sides. Because of this, she got into sales operations, got to handle the marketing operations, until she eventually landed in revenue operations where she’s been polishing processes to achieve their maximum efficiencies.
The episode touches on the following key topics and ideas:
- The 3rd annual Sales Development Conference (00:20)
- David introduces the episode’s guest, Erin Bush (00:58)
- Erin Bush, sales development, and RevOps at LeanData (02:00)
- Revenue operations and how it’s similar and different to sales and marketing operations (03:28)
- Revenue operations takes on a more holistic approach (05:25)
- The advantage of looking from a revenue operations perspective (06:15)
- Where to start to evolve into revenue operations (07:35)
- Narrowing down from a set of criteria vs. account-based (08:42)
- Does is make sense to be on the same goal plan as far as compensation goes? (09:40)
- Revenue operations working with sales development and increasing efficiency (12:24)
- How sales development leaders can forge a relationship with operations (13:55)
- Bringing on a new tool and implementing it on the team (15:07)
- The process of adding tools to the tech stack (16:50)
- What makes a demo call a good call (17:48)
- Relying on the salespeople to get up to speed (18:50)
- Erin Bush’s advice to any SDR who wants to work with the revenue operations team to be successful (19:58)
- The best way to convey concerns and findings to the revenue operations team (21:25)
- Erin Bush’s expertise in revenue operations (22:30)
- Where LeanData fits into everything (23:52)
List of Resources Mentioned in the Episode
- Erin Bush
- OpsStars Conference
Enjoyed this podcast? Want to listen to more episodes to enrich and accelerate your sales career? Hop on over to Tenbound.com!
Next Episode: https://tenbound.com/podcast/episode-107-ron-nelson/