Sales Development is the combination of art and science… the art is in the messaging, the human element of hiring, training and on boarding, and figuring out timing. The science is in the data, extracting value and using it iterate.
Mo Moran with Greenhouse Software is one of those rare Sales Dev Leaders who have figured how to blend the best of both worlds to run a high performance program.
Listen in to how she conceptualizes the program, how she works with the science of sales and how she blends art and science.
If you’re a true student of the Sales Development craft, this is a must listen!
Big news: Tenbound Sales Development Conferences 2020 are coming up! June 18th NYC, and August 17th in San Francisco. Grab EARLY BIRD tickets here →
#SDR #BDR #salesdevelopmentrep #salesdevelopment #prospecting #coldcalling #salesloft #outreach #sales #tenbound #salesforce #salesappointment #revenue #salesops #salesdev20 #accountbasedmarketing #abm #6sense
“In order to have a strong career, it’s incredibly important to find a place where you can
really be bought into the mission of what you’re selling and what you’re doing as
a sales team.”
– Mo Moran
“When you surface concerns in a smart and vision focused way, you will then get the
resources wither to be able to understand how the decision was made or arrived at,
or why your solutions might actually be better.”
– Mo Moran
Sales development is both an art and a science, and today’s guest, Mo Moran, is in the process of mastering just that in the way she manages her team. Apart from making sure your SDRs are consistently hitting the numbers, how should sales leaders take care of their SDRs and make sure that they’re being heard?
Today’s Guest: Mo Moran
When Mo Moran started her sales career at Yelp, she was completely bought in by the company’s vision along with the company culture and decided that she’d bring that culture wherever she went: a culture where people would want to go to work, stay at the company, and do good work. And that’s exactly what she’s been doing at Greenhouse Software.
The episode touches on the following key topics and ideas:
- The Tenbound Market Map Beta (00:00)
- David introduces the episode’s guest, Mo Moran (03:12)
- Mo’s career path into sales development and Greenhouse Software (03:55)
- Bought into the mission of what you’re selling (06:46)
- Being coachable and the power of asking for help (07:10)
- Balancing being coachable with the stubbornness of a salesperson (08:25)
- Unpacking the why behind the stubbornness (09:57)
- Stubborn to change? Come up with alternatives (10:47)
- What to do when that ego puts up resistance (12:13)
- Foster a strong sense of trust and being able to vent (13:13)
- A mature way of expressing feedback and taking it (15:00)
- Building favorable work culture that make people want to stay and do good work (15:40)
- How to create a work culture that values what you value (17:16)
- Bring frustration up in a productive way (20:35)
- What to do if your work culture isn’t great and you’re considering alternatives (21:09)
- What got us here won’t get us there (21:49)
- Controlling everything in your power to affect change (23:45)
- Creating incentivizing moments (24:44)
- The evidence of caring makes a huge difference (25:34)
- Growing pains in managing a small team and managing a big team (26:27)
- Understanding and familiarizing the differences (27:37)
- The SDR role as a combination of art and science (29:36)
- What’s next for Mo when it comes to sales development (30:04)
- How to get in touch with Mo Moran and Greenhouse (31:58)
List of Resources Mentioned in the Episode
Enjoyed this podcast? Want to listen to more episodes to enrich and accelerate your sales career? Hop on over to Tenbound.com!
Next Episode Here: http://tenbound.com/podcast/episode-125-cecelia-frye/