Sales Development success must be a coordinated effort across Marketing, SDR, Sales and the Executive Team. To drive that success, many companies implement the role of the CRO (Chief Revenue Officer) to move across silos and get everyone rowing in the same direction.
Dan Bonnet has mastered this role and brings his wisdom on how to lead a revenue organization from the highest level. Whether you’re just starting out, a mid-level manager or business owner, you’ll learn a ton from Dan.
Tenbound Sales Development Conferences 2020 are coming up!
June 18th NYC
August 17th in San Francisco.
Grab EARLY BIRD tickets here →
#SDR #BDR #salesdevelopmentrep #salesdevelopment #prospecting #coldcalling #salesloft #outreach #sales #tenbound #salesforce #salesappointment #revenue #salesops #salesdev20 #accountbasedmarketing #abm
“Challenge the ways that you interact with those people to try to get better.”
– Dan Bonnet
“If you’re going to be in sales, one of the things that I think people really need to
consider, not just if they go into sales, but which company they choose to sell for,
is they should really focus on picking something that they are passionate about
because the bottom line is, if you don’t like what you’re selling, as much as you
want to keep a job, you’re just not going to be good at it.”
– Dan Bonnet
The success of a company’s sales development rests on a lot of things: the marketing, the sales, the executive team, and of course, the SDRs. To make sure that all of them are putting the work toward the same goal, we have people like Dan Bonnet, Chief Revenue Officers who make sure everyone’s pulling in the same direction.
Today’s Guest: Dan Bonnet
Dan Bonnet graduated with an engineering degree before he started working for a cyber security company. After getting his MBA in marketing and finance, he has worked with several companies not in engineering, but in sales. And since then, he’s been highly successful with it.
The episode touches on the following key topics and ideas:
- The Tenbound Sales Development Conference 2020 (00:00)
- David introduces the episode’s guest, Dan Bonnet (00:45)
- Dan Bonnet, the tech space and becoming the CRO of UserIQ (01:15)
- Balancing the introversion with the social energy for sales (03:43)
- What Dan was good at: simplifying the complex (04:46)
- Managing energy to continuously interact with people (05:42)
- Find something you’re passionate about (06:28)
- It all boils down to effective communication (07:34)
- Dan being competitive with himself (08:50)
- Dan’s tips on assessing your own performance (09:45)
- Master the material as fast as possible (11:32)
- Benchmark yourself against your team (12:43)
- Stay on top of your own KPI’s (13:00)
- Save your manager some time by self-managing (14:28)
- Making yourself stand out into leadership (16:20)
- Make sure to meet the leaders on your team (17:58)
- Be vocal in a productive way (18:42)
- Being smart with what you bring to the table (19:52)
- Make sure you’re looking out for your customers (21:38)
- Don’t be afraid to highlight your success (22:26)
- Toot your own horn but in the right way (25:00)
- What the higher ups talk about in the conference rooms (27:10)
- A lot of it is looking at and understanding data (27:47)
- Making sure the company is taking care of the sales team (28:56)
- What a typical week for Dan Bonnet looks like (30:34)
- Dan’s thoughts on outsourcing SDR programs (33:45)
- The many reasons why there are numerous outsource SDR companies coming up (36:25)
- The synergism of in-house and outsourced SDR teams (39:40)
- The need for an in-house SDR (42:13)
- Do beyond the minimum and progress your skillset (43:02)
- Where to get in touch with Dan and UserIQ (46:45)
List of Resources Mentioned in the Episode
Enjoyed this podcast? Want to listen to more episodes to enrich and accelerate your sales career? Hop on over to Tenbound.com!
Next Episode Here: http://tenbound.com/podcast/episode-127-tim-royston-webb/