Manvita Nielson is leading a new generation of Sales Development professionals into the future!
Over the course of a short time, she has risen through the ranks by focusing on her customers, her team, her industry knowledge and how her products can help them move forward.
Listen in as we discuss how to move forward in your career from someone who is making it happen.
Tenbound Sales Development Conferences 2020 are coming up! →
June 18th NYC
August 17th in San Francisco
Grab your EARLY BIRD tickets here before they sell out
#SDR #BDR #salesdevelopmentrep #salesdevelopment #prospecting #coldcalling #salesloft #outreach #sales #tenbound #salesforce #salesappointment #revenue #salesops #salesdev20 #accountbasedmarketing #abm
“The highs are high, and the lows are low [in sales], and that’s really what sales is.
You just have to think about the reward at the end of it.”
– Manvita Nielson
“I think there’s never a perfect time when you feel like you’re ready. You just
have to do it.”
– Manvita Nielson
“Even when I’m doing my job, I have to make sure that I’m pushing past that barrier
because I always am going to want more for myself and I don’t want to be the one
getting in the way of myself.”
– Manvita Nielson
You either go into sales wanting to go into sales, or you’re thrown into it. When you’re thrown into it, what skills do you leverage to become successful at it? In this episode, we’re talking to Manvita Nielson, a young psychology major who got into sales and now works to develop her team as Medpricer’s VP of Sales.
Today’s Guest: Manvita Nielson
Manvita Nielson was a psychology major who genuinely enjoyed talking to people. Because of her background and her people skills, she was able to be successful in her sales development role from Blackberry to now Medpricer, where she works as the VP of Sales.
The episode touches on the following key topics and ideas:
- Check out VanillaSoft (00:00)
- Tenbound Sales Development Conference 2020 (00:18)
- David introduces the episode’s guest, Manvita Nielson (01:10)
- How Manvita got into sales, sales development, and Medpricer (01:41)
- Manvita’s advice for people who are considering going into sales without a sales background in college (03:52)
- From cybersecurity to healthcare: the challenges that Manvita faced in her sales career (05:35)
- Breaking through the old-school practices (05:58)
- Being a young woman of color in a white male-dominated industry (06:33)
- Breaking through the barrier of gender and ethnicity (07:23)
- Where the psychology background helps (07:45)
- Overcoming resistance in an industry that’s used to having set ways (09:12)
- Breaking through the noise and standing out (10:28)
- What to do and what to say if your prospect has never heard of you (12:54)
- Manvita’s advice for anyone struggling to break through a set-in-stone-processes kind of audience (13:45)
- Have your support system around you (14:56)
- Where an SDR should start if nothing they do seems to be working for them (15:05)
- The ultimatum and Manvita’s transition into Medpricer (16:35)
- Taking the opportunity that presented itself (17:50)
- What’s next for Manvita and her career (18:50)
- Where to get in touch with Manvita (19:53)
List of Resources Mentioned in the Episode
Enjoyed this podcast? Want to listen to more episodes to enrich and accelerate your sales career? Hop on over to Tenbound.com!
Next Episode Here: http://tenbound.com/podcast/episode-129-rahim-fazal/