As an accomplished Sales Development Leader, Natasha Shifrin has successfully managed teams from new grads to seasoned pros.
How do you manage across these multiple generations and through a world that is constantly changing and evolving (especially now!)
Listen to how she navigates this situation to become a successful leader in our industry and continues to build her legacy by helping a whole new generation of Sales professionals in her special way!
A big shout out to @Darryl Praill of @VanillaSoft for support of the Sales Development podcast!
Check out their Sales Engagement solutions here… https://www.vanillasoft.com/solutions/business-function/sales-engagement-platform/
#SDR #BDR #salesdevelopmentrep #salesdevelopment #tenbound
“I don’t want to have to change who I am as a person in order to be a successful leader.
For me, it’s about authenticity and communication.”
– Natasha Shifrin
“I think it’s important to be patient with yourself and understand that when you start on
the journey, you’re still going to get it wrong more than you get it right. The key
is to be gentle on yourself when you do get it wrong, but also to be mindful of the
times when you get it wrong and when you get it right.”
– Natasha Shifrin
“I think sales can be taught, but only if there’s a will there. I think there has to be a really
strong, will a desire to be good at sales and to embrace it.”
– Natasha Shifrin
In a world of automation and robots, how do you keep authentic human interactions in the picture? How much effort do you put in to understand not only your buyers, but also your team and empathize with them?
Today, Natasha Shifrin will talk about how to do just that.
Today’s Guest: Natasha Shifrin
Natasha Shifrin started her sales development career in Israel where the SaaS Tech industry was fast growing before she moved to New York. Now, she’s training and managing her team of SDRs and BDRs with a focus on authentic human connection and empathy.
The episode touches on the following key topics and ideas:
- Check out VanillaSoft (00:00)
- Tenbound Sales Development Conference 2020 (00:18)
- David introduces the episode’s guest, Natasha Shifrin (01:06)
- Natasha Shifrin and stepping into sales development in Israel (01:52)
- Natasha’s unique view of training in sales development (03:38)
- The authenticity in communication (05:12)
- Getting out of your own head and being more empathetic (06:24)
- Natasha’s advice for empathy and putting yourself in someone else’s shoes (08:38)
- You have to want to be on that path (09:22)
- Ego has a place when it brings joys and happiness (11:33)
- Dealing with no response and negative responses (12:10)
- What to do when your SDR approaches you and says nothing is working for them (14:45)
- Are you born with the sales talent or is it a skill to learn? (16:52)
- A false alarm: dealing with someone who projected to be good at sales but turned out otherwise (18:46)
- Celebrating the skills and rewarding the efforts (20:42)
- Giving credit where it’s due and respecting the people who do great jobs (22:24)
- What Natasha thinks of the future of the sales development roles (23:45)
- Personalization, communication, and relationship building in the BDR role (25:50)
- The roles will stay the same, but how time is spent will be different (26:26)
- The debate of going on the phone or completely dropping it (26:45)
- The future of BDRs and AI (28:28)
List of Resources Mentioned in the Episode
Enjoyed this podcast? Want to listen to more episodes to enrich and accelerate your sales career? Hop on over to Tenbound.com!
Next Episode Here: http://tenbound.com/podcast/ep-132-tj-macke/