The single largest time waster in Sales Development?
Sorting through unstructured data.
Sifting through names, trying to find the right person to contact, then trying to find contact information, then figuring out what to say if you do contact them…
After spending all the time you haven’t even gotten to the toughest part of the job, reaching out and talking with prospects.
What if you could flip a switch and have your database prioritized and sorted so you could just jump to the contact step?
Lisa Sharapata at 6sense spends her days figuring out how to make that happen. In face, 6sense recently had a campaign stating BDRs are a BFD, because they are focused on helping speed up the effectiveness of the SDR/ BDR team.
Listen as we dive in to how to do it!
JOIN US: Virtual Sales Development Conference 2020! 1000’s of the top Sales Development professionals, top speakers, networking and vendors from the @Tenbound Market Map! Register here:
#SDR #BDR #salesdevelopment #tenbound #podcast #sales #marketing
“If there’s a big gap and disconnect between marketing and your BDR, then that
customer journey feels that gap. They’re going to feel that pain. And they’re
going to see that disconnect one way or another.”
– Lisa Sharapata
What eats and wastes the most time in your job? Continuously filtering and sifting through your messy, unstructured, unorganized lists. What if you could skip that part entirely and just focus on reaching out to prioritized leads? Imagine how much time you could put instead on more productive tasks with the help of 6Sense.
Today’s Guest: Lisa Sharapata
Lisa Sharapata is currently the VP of Demand Generation and Content Strategy at 6Sense. She values BDRs and believes that equipping them properly will sign them up for success.
The episode touches on the following key topics and ideas:
- Tenbound’s Sales Development Market Map (00:00)
- David introduces the guest, Lisa Sharapata (03:12)
- Lisa Sharapata’s background and how she got involved with 6Sense (03:50)
- Believing in 6Sense going into the company (05:10)
- Investing your time in the right place (05:45)
- How 6Sense doubles down on unstructured data and straightens it out (06:58)
- Pulling intent from keywords (08:05)
- BDR next best actions (09:00)
- How an inbound lead goes into the system (09:41)
- Why Tenbound is called Tenbound (11:35)
- How BDRs are rated and what their metrics are (12:16)
- Being an advocate of marketing (14:40)
- Marketing made value cards (15:33)
- If there’s a disconnect between marketing and the BDRs (16:26)
- A two-way communication between marketing and sales (17:35)
- Territory planning in an account-based set-up (19:02)
- “BDRs are BFD.” (22:05)
- Taking care of your BDR’s means setting them up for success (23:32)
- Elevating the BDR position (26:06)
- The report on predictable revenue growth with Matt Heinz (26:45)
- Driving predictable revenue in unpredictable times (27:22)
- A trend towards account-based marketing (28:55)
- Dabbling in ABM, not immersing in it (30:00)
- Are we setting the revenue goals too high? (32:53)
- The struggle with going into an ABM model (33:52)
- Shifting to a more modern approach: the light at the end of the tunnel (34:20)
- No MQL’s at 6Sense (35:16)
- Stages in the pipeline 6 QA (36:04)
- Avoid that wild goose chase with 6Sense (36:55)
- Getting in touch with Lisa Sharapata and 6Sense (37:50)
List of Resources Mentioned in the Episode
Enjoyed this podcast? Want to listen to more episodes to enrich and accelerate your sales career? Hop on over to Tenbound.com!
Next Episode: http://tenbound.com/podcast/episode-141-matt-belkin/