Patricia is a case study in determination, grit and goal setting success. Now with Postal.io, she leads her team from the front!
Going from an SDR to VP of Sales is not easy. What are the specific steps you need to take to get to that point? Aligning Marketing, Sales Development, Sales to ensure pipeline and revenue production. Strong work ethic. Smart networking. Ongoing self-Education.
We dive into the specific steps here. Listen and learn!
Want to accelerate your career? Never miss a beat, subscribe to the Sales Development Newsletter for weekly updates. http://eepurl.com/cPHLsb
#SDR #BDR #salesdevelopment #tenbound #podcast #sales #marketing
“I say this as a salesperson: it’s gotta be in workflow and it’s gotta be simple. Because the
minute it starts getting too complicated, it’s really easy to talk ourselves out of
whether or not it’s worth the time.”
– Patricia DuChene, on optimizing outbound processes
“I get the pain. I’ve been there. I love the opportunity to build a team to educate the world
around the solutions that are available.”
– Patricia DuChene
What does it take for an SDR to become a VP of Sales? Grit, determination, and the irrevocable ability to get results. Today, we’re talking to Patricia DuChene of Postal.io to see what it’s like being in the forefront of spicing up outbound sales.
Today’s Guest: Patricia DuChene
Patricia DuChene has a strong background in sales and business development. Having initially worked in Wrike in Dublin, she made the move back to the US to build up Postal.io where she became the VP of Sales.
The episode touches on the following key topics and ideas:
- David introduces today’s guest, Patricia DuChene (00:40)
- Getting into Postal.io as the VP of Sales (01:05)
- Moving from Dublin, Ireland to California, USA (02:00)
- What Postal.io is and what it does (02:23)
- Doing research with a cupcake campaign (04:25)
- The fourth channel (06:05)
- The physical aspect of outreach and outbound sales (06:38)
- Breaking through the noise and setting up a conversation with a prospect (07:50)
- Nailing down your ideal customer profile (08:30)
- Personalizing the experience with offline engagements (09:22)
- Balancing the amount of time spent researching and finding customized information (09:55)
- How you make yourself different with the general increase in website traffic (11:20)
- The logistics behind sending offline gifts: how to find their address and figuring out what to send them (12:30)
- Highly personalized at six-digit deals (13:45)
- Gifts for deals less than six digits (14:30)
- The psychology behind tangible gifts (15:10)
- The next step after sending gifts to prospects’ homes (15:43)
- The gifts that work really well at Postal.io (18:15)
- Books (18:26)
- Donations (18:55)
- Top accounts, six-figure deals, and scalable personalization (20:25)
- io’s target market and how they make sure they get the right people into the funnel (21:40)
- Automated drip emails…but physical (23:33)
- Being different in the face of communication fatigue (24:20)
- Customers getting creative with what they send to prospects (25:48)
- Closing remarks (22:15)
List of Resources Mentioned in the Episode
- Patricia DuChene
- Sales Engagement: How The World’s Fastest-Growing Companies are Modernizing Sales Through Humanization at Scale by Manny Medina, Max Altschuler, Mark Kosoglow
- The Sales Acceleration Formula: Using Data, Technology, and Inbound Selling to go from $0 to $100 Million by Mark Roberge
Enjoyed this podcast? Want to listen to more episodes to enrich and accelerate your sales career? Hop on over to Tenbound.com!
Next Episode: http://tenbound.com/podcast/episode-156-rachel-haley/