Whether you’re new to your career or starting your own business in an entrepreneurial venture, in order to get people interested in your endeavors, you need something to start the process: attention. And attention is harder than ever to get.
But where do you start? How do you build an authentic brand for your company and / or for yourself in a way that really helps people while achieving your goals?
That’s where Courtney McKenzie Newell comes in.
As an expert in getting the word out and get you in front of the right audiences on a grand scale. She worked with some of the most famous brands and helped individuals build their brands in a competitive market.
Listen to this master!
Subscribe to the Sales Development Newsletter for weekly updates and new Sales Development research! http://eepurl.com/cPHLsb
#SDR #BDR #salesdevelopment #tenbound #podcast #sales #marketing #salesengagement
“I always say it’s really important to operate in your brilliant zone. The thing that
you can do that no one else can do. And even if they tried to do it, it
would take them so much time to catch up that by the time they sped up,
you’re still light years ahead of them.”
– Courtney McKenzie Newell
Whether you’re a huge enterprise or whether you’re a start-up with a handful of employees, you’re going to need to get your name out there. So how do you do that? How do you market yourself and build your brand?
Today’s Guest: Courtney McKenzie Newell
Courtney McKenzie Newell has been working with getting brands out there for ten years—from large companies to individuals, she’s worked with them all. Having authored her book, FutureProof, she’s now focusing her energy on helping brands connect with the millennial and Gen Z audience.
The episode touches on the following key topics and ideas:
- David opens the episode and introduces Courtney McKenzie Newell (00:40)
- How Courtney got started with helping companies market to millennials and Gen Z (01:27)
- Noticing the huge generational disparity (02:43)
- The process that goes into helping big companies connect with their millennial and Gen Z audience (04:18)
- Smaller brand companies, more agility, more flexibility (06:06)
- The kinds of projects that big companies hand over to Courtney (07:24)
- Getting into and operating in your brilliant zone (08:34)
- Blueprint and taking clients through the blueprint (09:17)
- Starting off with an internal market research (IMR) (10:13)
- Strategic market analysis: keeping track externally(11:27)
- The Target 10 (12:12)
- Leadership DNA (12:41)
- Seeing that a client is going down the wrong road (13:40)
- Having good marketing for a product that sucks (15:10)
- Leveraging brand loyalty (17:08)
- Weaving what and who you are into the stories you tell (17:56)
- Engineered influence (18:49)
- Getting your brand out there with the media aspect (19:48)
- Newsjacking (20:15)
- For beginners: DIY it or straight up get an agency right away? (22:18)
- You can create your own media (23:15)
- Reaching out and pitching to journalists (23:57)
- The scope of Courtney’s clientele (24:44)
- What’s next and what’s coming up for Courtney and her company (25:50)
List of Resources Mentioned in the Episode
- Courtney McKenzie Newell
- Crowned Marketing & Communications
- FutureProof: The Blueprint for Building a Brand GenZ and Millennials Love
by Courtney McKenzie Newell Get it on Amazon.com
Enjoyed this podcast? Want to listen to more episodes to enrich and accelerate your sales career? Hop on over to Tenbound.com!
Next Episode: http://tenbound.com/podcast/episode-162-lee-gladish/