Jesse Rothstein draws on 15 years experience in Sales to share his wisdom in his new book, Carry That Quota.
What makes a great salesperson in the changing landscape of our digital world?
How do you know if you’re right for a career in sales?
What are the specific tactics you need to focus on to make your number year in and year out?
Jesse walks us through all these and more.
For new SDRs or seasoned veterans, this is valuable advice and a can’t miss discussion.
Subscribe to the Sales Development Newsletter for weekly updates and new Sales Development research! http://eepurl.com/cPHLsb
#SDR #BDR #salesdevelopment #tenbound #podcast #sales #marketing #salesengagement
“I had a mentor share with me years ago that if you want to do something that seems daunting or big, just realize that it’s a lot of small things done well over time. And when those small things add up, they become big things over time.”
– Jesse Rothstein
“You’re going to get rejected a lot in this profession. You’re going to hear ‘no’ a lot. And in many cases, if you’re not okay with yourself, and you’re not self-aware, when you hear no a lot, it’s going to be hard to dust yourself off and pick yourself back up and go get after it again, which is a lot of what sales and life is about. So self-awareness is absolutely critical.”
– Jesse Rothstein
Whether you’ve been in the sales and sales development profession for fifteen years, or whether you’re a graduate fresh from university, you can always do better with a few tips and tricks from your fellow sales professionals. And who better to give you those tips and tricks than Carry that Quota author, Jesse Rothstein?
Today’s Guest: Jesse Rothstein
Jesse Rothstein has more than fifteen years of sales experience under his belt, most of it from building out startups. For the past seven years, he has been working at LinkedIn Sales Solutions and is now currently their Global Account Manager. He also shares his sales experiences, tips, and tricks in his his book entitled, Carry that Quota.
The episode touches on the following key topics and ideas:
- David introduces the episode’s guest, Jesse Rothstein (00:38)
- Jesse Rothstein, sales, LinkedIn, and Carry that Quota (01:02)
- Putting together Carry that Quota and how it can help sales professionals (02:37)
- The process behind writing the book (03:58)
- Recommending the book, Carry that Quota, to sales professionals (06:02)
- The three pillars of Carry that Quota (06:58)
- Is sales right for me and am I right for sales (08:16)
- Being okay with rejection (10:54)
- Solving problems beyond what you’re selling (12:20)
- Building trust and building relationships (14:54)
- Tricks and tactics from the Carry that Quota book to help in the sales career (17:00)
- The system of execution (18:37)
- Invest in technology or other things that maximize your productivity(19:00)
- What time management looks like and holding yourself accountable (21:24)
- Time management and the difference between the top and the bottom of the leaderboard (24:00)
- Defending calendar and defending yourself (26:36)
- The blocks in your calendar that you should defend against (28:38)
- The value of infinite curiosity and where you fit it in(29:20)
- Where to find and keep up with what Jesse Rothstein’s doing (33:35)
List of Resources Mentioned in the Episode
- Jesse Rothstein
- LinkedIn | Twitter | Substack
- Carry That Quota: Sales Tactics and Stories By the Rep For the Rep by Jesse Rothstein
Enjoyed this podcast? Want to listen to more episodes to enrich and accelerate your sales career? Hop on over to Tenbound.com!
Next Episode: https://tenbound.com/podcast/episode-166-lucia-piseddu/