Cameron Herold is a legendary business growth guru and operator who helps leaders grow their companies exponentially. This is a person who knows how to get things done and make money for his clients.
He’s written dozens of books on various business topics such as The Miracle Morning for Entrepreneurs, Meetings Suck and the one I read to find out about him, Free PR. All of them are highly recommended, practical guides to grow your business and be more successful.
The wisdom on business success and growth Herald has is immense and shares his specific strategies here to help grow your business and your life.
This is a must listen!
Get fresh updates each Tuesday (and sometimes on Friday).. subscribe to the Sales Development Newsletter for weekly updates and new SDR research! http://eepurl.com/cPHLsb
#SDR #BDR #salesdevelopment #tenbound #podcast #sales #marketing #salesengagement
“A vivid vision becomes a five-page document that describes every aspect of your company three years in the future. It describes how your company looks, how your company feels, how your company acts… It’s a real description as if you’re walking around your company, describing what you see without knowing how it comes true.”
– Cameron Herold
“What I realized was every media outlet—whether it’s a blogger or a podcast or a magazine or a newspaper or radio station, whatever—every single media outlet makes their money one way and one way only: and that’s from advertising. And the only way they sell advertising is by having more viewers or more readers or more listeners, so they need good content to attract their audience. So you’re actually doing them a favor if you’re giving them good content, because they can’t afford to go out and spend money to go get the content.”
– Cameron Herold
In this day and age, it’s important to get word out there about you and your company because that’s a substantial step to growing your business. Knowing that, how exactly do you get word out there? Are you going to keep posting content until one goes viral? Are you going to hire a PR team for it?
CEO Whisperer, founder of the COO Alliance, and best-selling author Cameron Herold simplifies it with this: it starts with a story. In this episode of The Sales Development Podcast, Cameron Herold will talk about his book, Free PR and where we can start to get our hands on that free PR.
Today’s Guest: Cameron Herold
Groomed to be an entrepreneur, Cameron Herold has built multiple companies over the last 30 years, and has since then ventured into coaching both companies and individuals. In May 2016, he founded The COO Alliance, an exclusive organization for second-in-commands. He also authored many best-selling business books that has helped hundreds of thousands of people worldwide take one step closer to success.
The episode touches on the following key topics and ideas:
- David introduces the episode’s guest, Cameron Herold (00:38)
- Cameron Herold, his books, and his line of work (01:00)
- Miracle Morning co-authored with Hal Elrod (03:48)
- How Cameron’s books are different from other business books (04:43)
- 1-800-GOT-JUNK and an important lesson (06:00)
- Vivid Vision and where you want your company to go (08:35)
- The vivid vision is different from the vision statement (10:00)
- How BHAG is misinterpreted by people (11:17)
- Cameron Herold’s coaching and the bonus check (14:43)
- The process of going into media (17:16)
- A strategy to get the media to engage with you (21:30)
- Getting in touch with the reporters and giving them something to write about (23:12)
- Positioning the story for the audience (24:33)
- It’s irresponsible to hire a PR firm (27:00)
- The endgame for getting the media exposure (28:20)
- Hiring a PR person to tie the loose ends for you (30:38)
- Standing out from the rest in the tech space (32:35)
- Media outlets Cameron Herold has coached (34:20)
List of Resources Mentioned in the Episode
Enjoyed this podcast? Want to listen to more episodes to enrich and accelerate your sales career? Hop on over to Tenbound.com!
Next Episode: https://tenbound.com/podcast/episode-170-art-sobczak/