Prospecting can be a structured, repeatable process if you are disciplined and have an approach you can follow regularly. The key is regular, daily practice.
Mark McInnes has laid out this process in his new book, Tactical Pipeline Growth, and deepens it regularly on his podcast, the #Boss Podcast.
In his clear, Aussie style, Mark walks us through the process, from implementation to success on this week’s Sales Development Podcast!
If you’re running an Outbound team, SDR/BDR or Sales Rep responsible for your own pipeline, tune in this week.
The Tenbound Sales Development Conference is here, come learn from the best in our industry! Free virtual conference this year. https://tenbound.com/
Get fresh updates each Tuesday (and sometimes on Friday).. subscribe to the Sales Development Newsletter for weekly updates and new SDR research! http://eepurl.com/cPHLsb
#SDR #BDR #salesdevelopment #bdrappreciationweek #tenbound #podcast #sales #marketing #salesengagement
“That’s one of the great things about working for yourself: if you love what you do, you can spend a lot of time doing it.”
– Mark McInnes
“Some people are really, really good at talking. Some people really have a good handle on the English language, you know? That’s just not me. I’m not that well-educated, but I still think that that doesn’t stop us from being able to provide some great resources to other people and help other people to be successful.”
– Mark McInnes
Here’s the thing: not all sales reps are given training on how to go about prospecting. So as a sales rep who wants to do a good job, how will you go about it? Will you create a one-size-fits-all script and blast it out and hope for a response? Or will you get creative and try something new?
In this episode of The Sales Development Podcast, we have the author of Tactical Pipeline Growth: Winning the Outbound Battle for New Business, Mark McInnes to talk about how we can go about prospecting from the perspective of someone who’s been at the frontlines of selling.
Today’s Guest: Mark McInnes
Mark McInnes is an author, podcaster, sales trainer, and sales consultant who helps B2B companies equip their sales teams and streamline their prospecting to boost their sales. Humble and down-to-earth, he was ranked Australia’s #1 Social Seller by Linked in 2006.
The episode touches on the following key topics and ideas:
- Check out the Tenbound Sales Development Conference coming up! (00:00)
- David introduces the episode’s guest, Mark McInnes (01:17)
- Mark McInnes, sales training, and his book: Tactical Pipeline Growth (01:40)
- Can’t leave the military that easy (03:08)
- Sitting down and writing Tactical Pipeline Growth (04:08)
- Providing value and looking from a different perspective (05:30)
- How Mark McInnes structured his book (07:17)
- The Five Pillars of Prospecting Effectiveness (08:37)
- Take in the sales rep’s mindset (09:08)
- What to do when you’re unpassionate about what you’re selling (10:58)
- Keeping up the sales activity and productivity momentum (13:27)
- It’s easy to be a high performer when things are easy (15:26)
- Diversifying the ways you’re sending out your message (16:27)
- When to change your communication channels (18:25)
- How long does upfront research need to take? (20:32)
- Prioritizing getting a response, no matter what that is (24:18)
- Adopting sales engagement platforms in the APEC (25:25)
- Where and how to get in touch with Mark McInnes (28:35)
List of Resources Mentioned in the Episode
- Mark McInnes
LinkedIn | Twitter
- Mark McInnes Sales Training
- Tactical Pipeline Growth: Winning the Outbound Battle for New Business by Mark McInnes
Get it on Barnes and Noble | Walmart | Amazon
Enjoyed this podcast? Want to listen to more episodes to enrich and accelerate your sales career? Hop on over to Tenbound.com!