Are salespeople “coin operated”? Not the best ones.
Lisa Earle McLeod has made a quest to find out what makes top-performing salespeople really stand out. The best ones have Noble Purpose.
In her book, Selling with a Noble Purpose she does deep dive into understanding the difference between a sales force that’s merely effective and one that’s truly outstanding. It comes down to living your noble purpose.
In this conversation we unpack how to define your noble purpose, how to dedicate your time to it, and how to move forward.
The Tenbound Sales Development Conference is here, come learn from the best in our industry! Free virtual conference this year. https://tenbound.com/
Get fresh updates each Tuesday (and sometimes on Friday).. subscribe to the Sales Development Newsletter for weekly updates and new SDR research! http://eepurl.com/cPHLsb
#SDR #BDR #salesdevelopment #tenbound #podcast #sales #marketing #salesengagement
“Selling with Noble Purpose is about bringing the money and the meaning together, and things are always clearer in hindsight. What I realized is this was actually the quest of my lifetime.”
– Lisa Earle McLeod
“If customers are buying from you, you have a noble purpose. There is something that you’re doing for them, and it may seem small, it may just be helping their systems run faster, but really look at the ripple effect that that has on people.”
– Lisa Earle McLeod
“If your product is the organizing element of your sales calls, if you’ve got the best widget in the world, you may win some sales, but you won’t have the compelling resonance that will make you the sole source provider that will keep your deals from going out to bid. You’ve got to have clarity about how you make a difference to customers.”
– Lisa Earle McLeod
What’s at the forefront of your mind when you’re out there doing calls, sending emails, selling? Is it meeting the numbers? That’s fine, it’s only natural that you’d want to meet your quota. But have you ever thought about the why behind your drive to sell?
If you haven’t thought about it yet, sit back, because we have Selling with a Noble Purpose author Lisa Earle McLeod to shed some light about what a noble purpose is, how you can find it, and how it can help you reframe how approach your sales calls.
Today’s Guest: Lisa Earle McLeod
Lisa Earle McLeod is a sales strategy consultant who has helped countless clients drive revenue into their companies by finding out their noble purpose. One of LinkedIn Learning’s most popular instructors, she also authored Selling with a Noble Purpose, Leading with Noble Purpose, and The Triangle of Truth, which was named a Top 5 Book for Leaders by the Washington Post.
The episode touches on the following key topics and ideas:
- Check out the Tenbound Sales Development Conference coming up! (00:00)
- David introduces the episode’s guest, Lisa Earle McLeod (01:15)
- Lisa Earle McLeod and the why behind her book, Selling with Noble Purpose (01:58)
- Noble Purpose and driving revenue are connected (03:30)
- Should we think about salespeople’s compensation differently? (05:00)
- Asking yourself introspective questions as a salesperson (07:15)
- Writing out your noble sales purpose (09:28)
- Mission statements and noble purposes (11:11)
- Digging deep for an internal motivation (12:15)
- Aligning yourself with your noble purpose and its ripple effect (14:32)
- Dealing with anti-customer sentiments and attitudes (16:30)
- Customer centricity (18:35)
- Customer-centric reactive vs. Noble purpose proactive (19:02)
- Like parenting to please kids vs. parenting to raise successful adults (21:18)
- Teach to the behaviors, not to the numbers (23:33)
- Bravo to you for showing up when things are hard (24:58)
- The need to feel part of something bigger than ourselves (26:12)
- Brag files and stopping your lizard brain from igniting (27:38)
- Keeping your confidence and moving forward in the face of challenges (29:43)
- Give yourself permission to chill out (33:18)
- Selling with a Noble Purpose second edition (34:25)
List of Resources Mentioned in the Episode
- Lisa Earle McLeod
- McLeod & More, Inc.
- Selling With Noble Purpose: How to Drive Revenue and Do Work That Makes You Proud by Lisa Earle McLeod with Elizabeth Lotardo
Get it on Barnes and Noble | Walmart | Amazon
Enjoyed this podcast? Want to listen to more episodes to enrich and accelerate your sales career? Hop on over to Tenbound.com!
Next Episode: https://tenbound.com/podcast/episode-174-mike-weinberg/