Mike Weinberg is known for delivering blunt truth on Sales success and how to operate in today’s distraction filled environment.
He truly delivers on this one!
Join our conversation on his new book #SalesTruth and classic New Sales Simplified, and how you can use these concepts to accelerate your prospecting and sales performance as we enter this new year.
Fire off your silver bullets, forget the quick fixes and hacks, and get real with Mike on this one.
Stop making excuses, and start making money with Mike!
The Tenbound Sales Development Conference is here, come learn from the best in our industry! Free virtual conference this year. https://tenbound.com/
Get fresh updates each Tuesday (and sometimes on Friday).. subscribe to the Sales Development Newsletter for weekly updates and new SDR research! http://eepurl.com/cPHLsb
#SDR #BDR #salesdevelopment #tenbound #podcast #sales #marketing #salesengagement
“Most of the best practices—and this is going to be shocking to some people—most of the best practices being deployed by top producers today in the general sales population are exactly the same as they were 10 years ago, and dare I say, even 15 years ago. So in other words, things haven’t changed as much as people in the tech world want to tell us they have changed.”
– Mike Weinberg
“If I took you even into SaaS companies and traditional software companies and a whole bunch of other high-tech places and showed you the top producing salespeople in those companies—and when I say sales, I mean full sales, both from opportunity creation to opportunity advancement and closing—all of those people, at some level, take a very deep ownership of filling the funnel and they never point the finger saying, ‘Oh, it’s someone else’s job.’”
– Mike Weinberg
When you’re working in sales in the tech industry, you’ll almost never run out of people telling you that the sales strategies that worked ten years ago just don’t work anymore. Well, guess what? Author and sales leader Mike Weinberg would argue that that’s a hoax.
In this episode of The Sales Development Podcast, Mike Weinberg dispels all the sales hoaxes and fads that we’ve been led to believe through #SalesTruth.
Today’s Guest: Mike Weinberg
Mike Weinberg is on a mission to make sales simple for every salesperson out there. Specializing in new business development and sales management, he’s a sales leader, consultant, speaker, as well as a best-selling author who penned #SalesTruth, New Sales: Simplified, and Sales Management: Simplified.
The episode touches on the following key topics and ideas:
- Check out the Tenbound Sales Development Conference coming up! (00:00)
- Timestamps to look out for (01:56)
- David introduces the episode’s guest, Mike Weinberg (03:42)
- What Mark Weinberg sees in the sales environment beyond the tech space (04:45)
- Most of the best practices are the same as 10 years ago (06:45)
- Sales teams don’t fail because they lack new tools (07:40)
- Cut through the noise and focus on the fundamentals (09:14)
- #SalesTruth: the death of social selling (10:02)
- You’re holding up Kylie Jenner and Gary V? (10:35)
- Mike Weinberg’s coaching (11:45)
- Punting on prospecting (12:08)
- The Challenger Sale research is a hoax (13:50)
- When AE’s are upset with the quality of meetings set (14:52)
- Don’t be so critical about strictly qualifying (15:30)
- Add prospecting to your repertoire (16:40)
- Budget, authority, need, and timing (BANT) and another four-letter word (19:00)
- When your SDRs have tried everything (21:45)
- A lot of sales is persistence (26:25)
- Are salespeople born or are they created (30:05)
- The three sales verbs (32:40)
- The ultra-A players, the middle group, and the people in the far left (33:03)
- People who don’t understand sales jump on the bandwagons (36:32)
- Get that Chapter 15 in #SalesTruth (42:18)
List of Resources Mentioned in the Episode
- Mike Weinberg
LinkedIn | Website
- Sales Truth: Debunk the Myths. Apply Powerful Principles. Win More New Sales by Mike Weinberg, foreword by Anthony Iannarino
- New Sales. Simplified.: The Essential Handbook for Prospecting and New Business Development by Mike Weinberg, foreword by S. Anthony Iannarino
- Sales Management. Simplified.: The Straight Truth About Getting Exceptional Results from Your Sales Team by Mike Weinberg, foreword by Jeb Blount
- Fanatical Prospecting: The Ultimate Guide to Opening Sales Conversations and Filling the Pipeline by Leveraging Social Selling, Telephone, Email, Text, and Cold Calling by Jeb Blount, foreword by Mike Weinberg
- Smart Calling: Eliminate the Fear, Failure, and Rejection from Cold Calling by Art Sobczak
Enjoyed this podcast? Want to listen to more episodes to enrich and accelerate your sales career? Hop on over to Tenbound.com!
Next Episode: https://tenbound.com/podcast/episode-175-ed-porter/