Tracie Orisko is Director, Sales Development at Huntress and an expert in EOS ® – The Entrepreneurial Operating System.
On this episode we dive deep into the process that makes Sales Development programs successful, and how elements of EOS ® can be related to what we do every day.
Do you have a process? Can you measure and improve it? How do you know if you’re making incremental improvements. Listen in for clues.
This is a can’t miss show!
NEW Research Report Sales Development Benchmarks. Grab full report here: https://tenbound.mykajabi.com/research_report
The Tenbound Sales Development Conference, come learn from the best in our industry. Prospecting. Plays. Pipeline. Free virtual conference this year June and August! https://tenbound.com/conference/
Book Launch: The Sales Development Framework: by David Dulany and Kyle Vamvouris lay out a proven methodology for running a high performance Sales Development program, now available here in paperback Grab it here. https://www.amazon.com/Sales-Development-Framework-Productive-Program/dp/1736768905/
#SDR #BDR #salesdevelopment #tenbound #podcast #sales #marketing #salesengagement #salesenablement #research #prospecting
“Cold calling works if you do it right. And that was the premise that we tried to bring
over to Managed Sales Pros.”
– Tracie Orisko
“The definition of insanity is…you do the same thing over and over again, and you expect different results. In cold calling and outsourced prospecting, you want to do the exact same thing every single time, because it will bring you to the same results. Standardized process is what makes—especially an outsourced program—work.”
– Tracie Orisko
“The magic comes from being in the right time at the right place. People will talk a lot about luck, but Traction will teach us that luck is simply lining yourself up properly through accountable action to be in the right time at the right place.”
– Tracie Orisko
What makes a Sales Development program or organization successful? Is it the talent? Is it the training? Is it the process? What metrics do you look at to be able to say that your Sales Development program is both effective and successful? Huntress Director of Sales Development Tracie Orisko shares just that in this episode of The Sales Development Podcast.
Today’s Guest: Tracie Orisko
Tracie Orisko was the President of Managed Sales Pros for six years before being solicited to create an in-house Sales Development organization by Huntress because of her impeccable skills and talents in the field. Today, Tracie runs everything Sales Development at Huntress while helping grow her team and their careers.
The episode touches on the following key topics and ideas:
- James gives a quick overview of the episode (00:00)
- David welcomes the episode’s guest, Tracie Orisko (02:30)
- How Tracie got into Sales Development (03:03)
- Managed Sales Pros and managed service providers (04:16)
- Cold calling and getting techies in front of the right audience (05:00)
- Starting Managed Sales Pros (06:40)
- Growing the industries of managed service providers and outsourcing (08:12)
- What Managed Sales Pros was doing right (10:00)
- The Entrepreneur Operating System (EOS) (11:15)
- Scorecard: traction, structure, and perspective (12:55)
- An accountability chart in place of an org chart (15:08)
- Using EOS principles to help run a successful Sales Development organization (16:05)
- The authenticity factor in Sales Development (18:08)
- Taking Traction for outsource to in-house at Huntress (19:20)
- Bringing someone over from Managed Sales Pros to Huntress (23:55)
- Support from the executive team (27:23)
- Working in the database as a Sales Development rep (28:20)
- Back up with numbers because numbers don’t lie (29:54)
- What’s next for Tracie Orisko (32:40)
- Growing beyond the current role at Huntress (35:18)
- Growth will be the focus (37:47)
List of Resources Mentioned in the Episode
- Tracie Orisko
LinkedIn | Email
- Traction: Get a Grip on Your Business by Gino Wickman
Get it on Barnes and Noble | Walmart | Amazon
- Entrepreneurial Operating System (EOS)
- Finite and Infinite Games by James P. Carse
Enjoyed this podcast? Want to listen to more episodes to enrich and accelerate your sales career? Hop on over to Tenbound.com!
Next Episode: https://tenbound.com/podcast/episode-181-matt-wheeler/