In this episode, David welcomes Rex Biberston to the show. Rex is the co-founder and CEO of The Sales Developers and the co-author of the book, Outbound Sales, No Fluff, where he and his co-author, Ryan Reisert lists down everything you need to know about outbound sales at this time. Listen as Rex and David discuss into detail the contents of this new book and how it can help you in your sales development needs.
3 Key Points:
- The market changes and evolves — what was “in” during the last 5 years may not be effective tomorrow.
- Outbound sales is not just trying to get an account, it’s about checking into people if your product can solve their problems.
- Don’t ever use the same script in the same way in every call — you have to own your calls!
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:01 – DiscoverORG – The world’s leading prospect intelligence platform
- 00:24 – Subscribe to our show on YouTube and review us on iTunes
- 00:52 – David introduces Rex to the show
- 01:31 – Rex calls himself The Outbound Sales Professor
- 01:47 – He found that the skills he needed as a professor would also work in sales
- 02:37 – Rex talks about how he connected with Ryan Reisert, his co-author for the book, Outbound Sales, No Fluff
- 03:56 – The book’s title, Outbound Sales, No Fluff, is what Rex and Ryan are about
- 05:18 – Rex and Ryan’s credibility from market changes
- 06:28 – Rex considers being part of InsideSales.com a blessing
- 07:31 – How Rex and Ryan completed the book in 45 days
- 07:44 – “We also prioritized the book within a short period of time”
- 08:28 – The manuscript was produced in less than 30 days
- 09:30 – The book lays a foundation for the right mentality in sales
- 10:24 – “Just because you’re great at sales doesn’t mean you’ll sell everything tomorrow”
- 11:27 – How technology can help you in accelerating success in sales
- 13:25 – David talks about the mindset salespeople should have
- 14:23 – Acknowledge what problems your product solves
- 15:33 – DiscoverORG – The world’s leading prospect intelligence platform
- 17:45 – The old mentality to just close deals is changing
- 18:35 – Rex talks about incentivizing wrong behaviors vs incentivizing correctly
- 22:24 – Bring in everyone together to a common goal
- 23:40 – Working with the foundations in the book
- 24:43 – Start with building a targeted list
- 24:55 – Rex highly recommends founders to sell first
- 28:03 – You need a significant amount of evidence that your product is worth a sales team
- 29:05 – Rex shares how you get data for leads using lead scraping tools
- 31:38 – The book gives a basic format for messaging
- 33:23 – Ask if they want you to help them solve their problem
- 35:12 – A better offer is also recommended
- 37:31 – Don’t use the same script in the same way
- 37:37 – Own your calls!
- 39:07 – Currently, Rex focuses on outbound sales consulting
- 40:21 – Connect with Rex on his website
- 40:48 – Subscribe to our show on YouTube and review us on iTunes
- 41:04 – Contact us to discuss your sales development needs