This week’s guest may have finally cracked the code on putting the ultimate Sales Development program together.
His emphasis: people development. Victor Baglio of BrightTalk wants you to join his program and graduate out of it as fast as he can make it.
He’ll push you to accelerate your growth and expand your skills as an SDR so you can go on to Account Executive and other positions if that’s your goal as soon as you can.
Any forward thinking professional would benefit from being a protege of Victor!
We at Tenbound are excited to partner with BrightTalk to set up the new Sales Development Mastermind Channel on BrightTalk, stay tuned for more announcements on that.
In this episode, David welcomes Victor Baglio to the show. Victor is the director for global sales development in BrightTALK, a technology media company that provides professional webinar and video solutions to a variety of industries. Listen as Victor shares the ultimate sales development program that is in a supportive environment that promotes culture and open communication for all members of the team.
3 Key Points:
- Always have that genuine want to help people.
- Making your SDRs feel supported will lead to better results.
- A winning effort should always be recognized even if it had a different result.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:01 – Accelerate your growth at The Sales Development Conference on August 31, 2018
- 00:52 – Subscribe to our show on YouTube and review us on iTunes
- 01:28 – David introduces Victor to the show
- 02:19 – Victor has been in sales development for 7 years
- Getting into sales development was an accident
- Victor filled in an SDR position
- 03:29 – The brand message of, “What are you growing today?”
- Victor grows 3 things: people, pipeline, and revenue
- 04:10 – His involvement in hiring people
- The question that pops up, “How can I help this person grow?”
- 06:44 – Culture is the #1 thing Victor would want to fix right from the start
- Introducing early product training and basic office 101
- Victor shares the importance of booking internships
- Bringing the generation into the workforce
- 10:02 – Help millennials see through the lenses of their peers
- 11:25 – Victor talks about opening other difficult conversations
- 12:49 – Victor’s role is helping his people take care of the distractions
- Making SDRs feel they’re at their best will yield to better results
- 13:49 – The only thing Victor asks is a winning effort
- 13:55 – Accelerate your growth at The Sales Development Conference on August 31, 2018
- 15:20 – How Victor deals with down swings
- 18:40 – Victor shares a big factor in his cultural attitude
- 20:45 – How Victor handles possible problems with SDRs and executives
- 21:32 – Sales development is a hybrid of both marketing and sales
- 23:53 – The theme of knowing your number
- 24:26 – Whatever you have to face in your career, “You should be willing to try it”
- 27:20 – Victor’s advice: Come in completely prepared to learn
- 29:48 – The biggest differentiator is the ability to shut down distractions
- 30:19 – Know more about BrightTALK
- 33:04 – Subscribe to our show on YouTube and review us on iTunes
- BrightTALK – Company where Victor serves as director for global sales development