This week on the pod we have the ever fascinating Tito Bohrt, Founder/CEO of AltiSales and all-around Sales Development provocateur.
Tito makes the strong case here and in his other writings that we have the whole SDR-AE thing backwards in our GTM strategy…
i.e… actually hunting prospects and compelling them to take an appointment is the harder part of the process, versus running demos and closing deals.
Agree? Disagree? Take a listen and leave a comment below!
Let’s stir the pot a little here, because the old school SDR-AE process flow is getting diminishing returns and we definitely need some fresh ideas.
Want to learn more about Tito? Come see him and an All-Star cast at The Sales Development Conference 2018 in San Francisco, coming up August 30th.
Still haven’t picked up your tickets yet? This Conference will sell out so grab them today.
Early Bird SOLD OUT but slide in to the comments for down low hook up.
In this episode, David chats with Tito Bohrt, founder and CEO of AltiSales, a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, technology and operations of Sales Development. Tito started as an SDR in Costa Rica for the ambition of creating the world’s best SDR team. Listen how his passion turned into a business that he runs now, and why he believes SDRs should get more pay than what they’re currently getting.
3 Key Points:
- Get in a position where both the business and employees benefit each other.
- Leverage your sales development representatives for innovation.
- Sales development is the most important function of the sales funnel.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:01 – Accelerate your growth at The Sales Development Conference on August 31, 2018
- 00:52 – Subscribe to our show on YouTube and review us on iTunes
- 01:28 – David introduces Tito to the show
- 02:34 – Tito started in sales development with an idea of having remote teams
- He started as an SDR in Costa Rica
- After 3 years, Tito went to Silicon Valley to build SDR teams
- 04:27 – He talks about the two trends that gave him the idea
- Traveling the world while working
- Virtually outsourcing work from overseas
- 06:09 – Tito was in the intersection of consulting and outsourcing
- 07:42 – AltiSales employees love the set-up of working in another country
- “They’re grateful for the opportunities and experience”
- 09:05 – Tito runs 3 programs in AltiSales
- Build SDR teams for US startups overseas
- US employees and US managers for medium-sized businesses
- Onboard/train employees for huge companies who want to have internal SDR teams
- 09:57 – The biggest challenge in hiring employees
- Tito has 4 different steps of career program as an SDR
- 13:53 – Tito talks about how they utilize Outreach.io
- User profiles and permissions are different for different employee positions
- Hack sequences to get better results
- Classify call flows in different categories
- One-on-one meetings are given importance so reps would know their performance
- 19:10 – AltiSales’ ambition is to run the best SDR teams ever built
- 19:20 – Accelerate your growth at The Sales Development Conference on August 31, 2018
- 20:33 – Tito believes sales development is the most important function of the sales funnel
- 23:33 – Everything revolves strategically around setting the meetings
- 25:03 – Where the brand fits in? — The brand is never quantifiable
- 27:55 – Define who the account you want to go after
- 28:30 – Tito lists down the first things you need to ask your clients
- When your client and your service is not a fit, just let them know
- 33:50 – Always start with the hypothesis first
- 34:17 – Connect with Tito on LinkedIn
- 35:33 – Subscribe to our show on YouTube and review us on iTunes
- 35:41 – Contact us to discuss your sales development needs