Although it can be a grind, the Sales Development Rep position can be also be a great learning experience and springboard to a successful career in Sales, Marketing, Customer Success and other parts of the company. But how do you stay motivated?
James Bawden came to realize the opportunity after trying a few different roles before getting in to Sales Development, and has now figured out how to truly take advantage of this awesome opportunity.
Listen in on this weeks pod to figure out you can to, and how you can motivate your team to get excited about being an SDR!
Still haven’t picked up your tickets yet? This Conference will sell out so grab them today.
Early Bird SOLD OUT but leave a comment and we’ll try to get you in at that rate.
In this episode, David chats with James Bawden, Inside Sales Representative at Evalueserve. James takes us through his unconventional journey to sales development with a little bit of luck and an interesting decision to make a change. Tune in as he shares his story in discovering the career he loves and how giving value to people through his content led him to better things that happened organically.
3 Key Points:
- Networking is extremely important in any field you’re in.
- Believe that you can do so much more and you will.
- Putting out content in your own unique way gives value to people.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:01 – Accelerate your growth at The Sales Development Conference on August 31, 2018
- 00:52 – Subscribe to our show on YouTube and review us on iTunes
- 01:33 – David introduces James
- 02:07 – James has an interesting sales career for 10 years
- He graduated college in 2008 when most of his plans fell through
- He moved into the b2b sales world
- 04:50 – Most recently, James became an Inside Sales Representative at Evalueserve
- 06:38 – “Let yourself become comfortable with the idea that you can do more than what you’re doing currently”
- James’ journey was very unconventional – it was deciding to make a change
- His life today is like a dream from the old James
- 10:50 – Look outside the usual resume that comes in
- 12:01 – James shares how he feels a little lucky in his career
- Curating a network and providing value to that network is paramount
- The difference in personal branding and social selling
- 14:58 – Accelerate your growth at The Sales Development Conference on August 31, 2018
- 15:54 – David talks about the value of helping people and documenting what you do
- 18:25 – It’s super easy to document what you’re doing right now
- Your point of view is unique to your experience where people might find value in
- 20:27 – The content James creates is geared towards the sales development community
- 21:39 – SDRs are fighting from a place of obscurity
- 23:08 – There are advantages all around giving value to people
- “You’ve got to up your game”
- 26:54 – Getting great education in business at Evalueserve is one thing that James appreciates a lot
- 28:32 – James doesn’t have a defined goal for the next couple of years
- Things happen organically
- 32:21 – Connect with James on LinkedIn
- 32:59 – Subscribe to our show on YouTube and review us on iTunes
- 33:06 – Contact us to discuss your sales development needs
- Evalueserve – Company where James currently works for