Kyle Vamvouris has created a niche for himself as not only a top performing Sales Development Rep, but also as a Manager and Leader.
Lucky for us, he has written down his knowledge in a book, now available on Amazon:
Cold to Committed: Find leads, engage prospects, and book more meetings
Listen in to this wide ranging conversation on how to move prospects from cold to committed!
Still haven’t picked up your tickets yet? This Conference will sell out so grab them today.
Early Bird SOLD OUT but leave a comment and we’ll try to get you in at that rate.
In this episode, David welcomes Kyle Vamvouris to the show. Kyle is the Sales Development Manager of ForUsAll and the author of the book, Cold to Committed. Listen as Kyle share with us how he started as a comedian selling gym memberships to becoming the committed person he is now in what he does, and what inspired him to write his book to help SDRs get a jumpstart.
3 Key Points:
- Failing helps you to understand what works and what doesn’t.
- Find your purpose and live for that purpose.
- Always hold yourself accountable for whatever you said you’d do.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:01 – Accelerate your growth at The Sales Development Conference on August 31, 2018
- 00:52 – Subscribe to our show on YouTube and review us on iTunes
- 01:35 – David introduces Kyle
- 02:15 – Kyle started as a comedian and selling gym memberships
- He started his SDR career at Intuit then moved to another startup where he wrote about sales development
- He wrote the book, Cold to Committed
- 04:10 – Kyle talks about intertwining comedy and sales development
○ Keep doing the same thing over and over again until you get different results
○ Failing so many times will lead you to find what’s working and what’s not
- 06:40 – What works best doesn’t work all the time
- Chasing the silver bullet is what causes the frustration in sales development
- 08:32 – The core issue is not being solved
- 09:46 – Mindset is a forgotten aspect in sales development
- Mindset controls the stress levels in your body
- How you think is translated in your body
- 13:46 – Kyle shares the importance of having a purpose
- “You have to have a purpose”
- 14:49 – Peak Performance is a good book about having a purpose
- 16:13 – There are exercises you can do to find your purpose
- Why do you fight for what you fight for
- 18:26 – Control what you can: Your environment and your circle of friends
- Be intentional about your environment
- Constantly remind yourself of your purpose
- Journaling is another important thing for Kyle
- 22:28 – Accelerate your growth at The Sales Development Conference on August 31, 2018
- 23:22 – Control the reminders
- 24:32 – Are you settling or are you content and happy?
- Do not limit your growth – commit to what you said you’d do
- Discipline equals freedom
- 28:30 – Make the commitment to yourself higher
- Hold yourself accountable to something
- 30:19 – The reason behind writing the book Cold to Committed
- A basic book to get started as an SDR
- 33:09 – Kyle shares his experience in Intuit
- The importance of taking action for yourself
- 35:22 – Kyle believed the turnover problem was just about mindset
- 40:01 – He developed a sales wiki page for his SDRs
- 41:34 – Connect with Kyle on LinkedIn
- 41:58 – Subscribe to our show on YouTube and review us on iTunes
- 42:05 – Contact us to discuss your sales development needs
- Cold to Committed – Kyle’s book
- ForUsAll – Company where Kyle works as sales development manager
- Intuit – The company that inspired Kyle to write his book
- Peak Performance – A book Kyle recommends