In Scott Ingram’s recent book, “Sales Success Stories: 60 Stories from 20 Top 1% Sales Professionals” an SDR is featured named Florin Tatulea, from Loopio.
How does one join these elite ranks, as the top 1% Sales professional?
Listen in behind the scenes as Florin and I break down the specific tactics he used as an SDR and now as an AE to achieve that coveted status. So much to learn on this one.
Check it out!
Stay tuned for some awesome upcoming shows with more Sales Development Thought Leaders!
A few events coming up:
Sales Dev Management Meetup Boston Nov 14th with @OpenView Partners
Sales Dev Manager Training – Boston Nov 14th (same day as Meetup, same place)
Event link to sign up — https://tenbound.com/events/
Need a discount or to convince your boss? Leave a comment and I’ll get with you on it.
In this episode, David interviews Florin Tatulea of Loopio, an RFP software that enables your team to collaborate and respond to RFPs with ease. Florin has been featured in Scott Ingram’s new book, Sales Success Stories: 60 Stories from 20 Top 1% Sales Professionals. Today, Florin walks us through the tactics he shared in the book for SDR success.
3 Key Points:
- AB Testing results should always be statistically significant.
- Using your own data for your industry is important.
- Use the platforms you already have to keep your projects on track.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:17 – Subscribe to our show on YouTube and review us on iTunes
- 00:39 – David introduces Florin
- Previous guest, Scott Ingram recommended Florin
- 01:13 – Florin’s sales experience started at selling newspapers at 14 year old
- He eventually made it to the account executive role now
- 01:46 – About Loopio and their market
- 02:42 – David mentions Scott Ingram’s new book, Sales Success Stories: 60 Stories from 20 Top 1% Sales Professionals where Florin is featured in
- After his time as an SDR, Florin shared his tactical advice that Scott featured in the book
- Florin talks about AB Testing and different methods on outreach
- 06:00 – How to start on AB Testing
- Try different email subject lines
- Put call-to-actions
- 07:26 – Florin shares setting up your contact data
- 09:29 – One AB Test on email subject lines that Florin did
- Changing the first letter to a lowercase increase open rates by 9%
- “Make sure your results are statistically significant”
- Get a sample size of at least 100 people
- 12:14 – Florin has a full chapter on AB Testing in the book
- 13:42 – Some things that Florin found out effective in his time as an SDR
- Using 1 or 2-word subject lines drastically increases open rates
- Calling outside of business hours can be better
- Florin encourages to use your own data in your industry to figure out what works now
- 17:45 – Don’t be stuck to one thing
- 18:22 – What it looks like in the life of Florin as an SDR tracking his numbers
- Let your system run the sequences for 1-2 weeks before assessment
- 19:24 – Keeping your projects on track with platforms you already use help you be more accountable
- 20:28 – What sacred time is and how serious it is for Florin
- Respecting people’s time blocks is something incorporated in Loopio’s culture
- 23:40 – How Florin keeps a positive mindset every day
- Some things come from within
- Company culture also plays a key
- 25:17 – Florin drops by managers shouldn’t “just hire” people
- 28:10 – Subscribe to our show on YouTube and review us on iTunes
- 28:16 – Contact us to discuss your sales development needs
- Loopio – Where Florin works at
- Scott Ingram – Previous guest that recommended Florin to the show
- Sales Success Stories: 60 Stories from 20 Top 1% Sales Professionals – Book that featured Florin
- SalesLoft and Outreach – Systems with built-in AB Testing features