Want to be more successful?
Experts say one way to is model success. i.e., find out what successful people are doing and study their strategies.
Implement those in your own program and see how they support you.
Listen in this week as we unpack success with @Sarah Harbison Tosh at @sigstr and discover how she moved up through the ranks from SDR to Director of Sales Development.
We dig-in to what she’s done over the last few years to deliver consistent results for her company, develop relationships with executives and run a high-performance Sales Development program.
This is a must listen!
Couldn’t make the @Tenbound Meet-Up in Boston? Follow on Instagram to see the pics.
More info on the Meet-up here.
Have you subscribed to the new Sales Development Mastermind on @BrightTALK ??
In this episode, David chats with Sarah Harbison Tosh, Senior Director on Sales Development and Enablement at Sigstr. Sarah started out as an SDR and later found her way to become senior director. Listen as she talks about her journey climbing to the top and the importance of diversity in hiring people to join your team.
3 Key Points:
- Be prepared and show up 100% every time in a meeting or in a conversation.
- Diversity is how you change the way your team operates.
- It’s important to each team to have their own framework.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:17 – Subscribe to our show on YouTube and review us on iTunes
- 00:38 – David introduces Sarah
- 01:40 – Starting out on a job with ExactTarget now, SalesForce
- 02:42 – Her former boss that left invited her at Return Path to start their sales development team
- 6 months into the job she was promoted as their first account executive
- After that position, she was invited to become manager and look over a team of account executives
- When Sigstr knocked, Sarah knew it was a match made in heaven
- 05:13 – Showing up 100% every single time is Sarah’s major tip
- Always be prepared in every meeting or conversation
- 07:04 – Find an organization that aligns with your own values and morals
- 07:52 – What to look for in a candidate
- Someone who is motivated by the NO
- You control what you can control
- 08:43 – “This ship doesn’t stay afloat without our team”
- 10:13 – Realize what motivates every person in your team
- 10:37 – Diversity in Sales Development, a meetup on November 14th in Boston
- 11:44 – Sarah shares about their Wednesday Book Club
- 14:06 – The importance of your hiring process
- Diversity is how you change the way your team operates
- 17:10 – At Sigstr, it’s about knowing who your customer base is and being creative in capturing their attention
- 19:33 – Sarah shares measuring their team’s matrix
- 21:01 – Encouraging creativity with a points game is one driving method
- Fall back on your network give you ideas too
- The more you can share, the better off you’ll be
- 22:59 – Sarah is a big believer of brand identities
- It’s important to each team to have their own framework
- 28:58 – Sarah talks about Sigstr – who they are, what they do, and everything in between
- Now they’re also offering data on your most authentic relationships
- 31:33 – Subscribe to our show on YouTube and review us on iTunes
- 31:41 – Contact us to discuss your sales development needs