Sales Development prepares you for a myriad of career choices.
If you can organize your own day, hold yourself accountable, cold call strangers and stay on track to quota, you can thrive in many, many circumstances.
Most people want to get in to full-cycle Sales, but some go with other paths, including entrepreneurship.
That was the path of @Carolyn Betts with @Betts Recruiting.
Seeing a need in the marketplace, she took the plunge a few years ago and has built up a thriving business and loyal following as one of the top agencies for recruiting SDRs, AEs and Sales Leadership roles.
Listen as we dig in to how she accomplished moving from Employee to Entrepreneur using sales skills, hustle and goal orientation.
Very inspiring and full of actionable takeaways.
Big thanks to @Darryl Praill of @VanillaSoft for making this podcast possible. Check out their new Sales Engagement solutions. https://www.vanillasoft.com/solutions…
Subscribe to the @tenbound YouTube channel to get updates on podcasts, webinars and messaging Break N’ Builds → https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHBs…
In this episode, David welcomes Carolyn Betts, founder & CEO of Betts Recruiting, the leading recruitment firm for revenue-generating, marketing, and people operations roles. Carolyn started in sales straight out of college and then later shifted to recruiting. Today, she shares how she started her company and how she helps businesses in finding a good fit for SDR positions and more.
3 Key Points:
- The best way to start a business is by filling in a gap you see in the market.
- Meet as many people as possible — it’s key in networking and recruitment.
- Focus on what you’re good at and delegate the others.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:17 – Subscribe to our show on YouTube and review us on iTunes
- 00:38 – Engage with leads & close deals! Go to VanillaSoft and start your free trial
- 00:58 – David introduces Carolyn
- 02:16 – Carolyn started in sales right after college and then shifted to recruiting
- 03:34 – The demand for their services led to growth for Betts Recruiting
- 04:51 – Carolyn shares the challenges they’re facing in SDR recruiting
- The inexperienced person vs the experienced SDR
- 06:37 – How they find people in recruitment
- Leveraging tech and working with universities
- 08:45 – Meeting as many people as possible is key in recruitment
- 10:11 – Most clients want Betts Recruiting to prep applicants
- 10:32 – Engage with leads & close deals! Go to VanillaSoft and start your free trial
- 11:23 – Carolyn talks about the pros and cons of doing your own recruitment
- 12:43 – Majority of their clients come in-bound
- 14:22 – Carolyn’s thoughts on the upcoming years for her business
- 15:50 – How it was like taking the entrepreneurial leap
- Scaling the organization was the biggest challenge to Carolyn
- 18:15 – Two pieces of advice from Carolyn in sales
- You have to have a good product
- Execution in sales
- 19:54 – Focus on what you’re good at
- 22:31 – Subscribe to our show on YouTube and review us on iTunes
- 22:38 – Contact us to discuss your sales development needs