90% of Lauren Bailey’s business at @Factor8 is referral and repeat work. Think about that.
Starting your business, working hard, creating programs and having customers come back to you again and again.
That is a huge success. How does she do it? Tune in this week on the podcast to learn how she listens to customers and creates programs to really help them hit their goals, with heart.
And how you can take on this customer centric attitude in your prospecting.
Packed with tactical tips for any Sales Development professional! You have to check this one out.
By the way, we just announced The Sales Development Conference 2019, August 23rd in San Francisco! Early Bird tickets are almost sold out so grab them before they’re gone right here → http://tenbound.com/events/
Big thanks to @Darryl Praill of @VanillaSoft for making this podcast possible. Check out their new Sales Engagement solutions here… https://www.vanillasoft.com/solutions…
#SDR #BDR #salesdevelopmentrep #salesdevelopment #prospecting #coldcalling #salesloft #outreach #sales #tenbound #salesforce #salesappointment #revenue #salesops #salesdev19 #marketingops #salesforce #tech #salestech #marketingtech #salestraining #brighttalk #salesenablement #discoverorg #leadgeneration #accountbasedmarketing #abm
In this episode, David welcomes Lauren Bailey to the show. Lauren is the Founder and President of Factor 8 and the founder of #GirlsClub. Lauren helps companies outsource their sales development employees and makes sure they’re ready for the job they’re taking. Listen as she shares how she started this business, and how she helps women in sales development get higher sales positions by working on their confidence.
3 Key Points:
- Companies should realize that training employees should still be part of the budget.
- Coaching and call-coaching are two different things; and managers, unfortunately, are not the best coaches for your reps.
- Social media both has its pros and cons, the difference is how you utilize its use.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:17 – Subscribe to our show on YouTube and review us on iTunes
- 00:38 – Engage with leads & close deals! Go to VanillaSoft and start your free trial
- 00:58 – David introduces Lauren
- 01:24 – Lauren was Top 25 Most Influential Leaders in Inside Sales, Top 25 Sales Coaches and Top 35 Most Influential Women in Sales this year
- 02:08 – 90% of Lauren’s business comes from referrals
- 02:36 – Lauren started out as a sales manager — and she was frustrated with new SDRs she handled
- She decided to build a training department in the BPO she was working in
- Her last corporate gig was running a software company’s global sales training strategy
- She thought, “We can do better” and she started her own company
- 05:43 – “The tech is really cool. But sadly, what we’re doing is accelerating crappy conversations”
- Coaching is NOT training
- 06:20 – Lauren believes that what a company should do is check their budget and allocate for training their people
- 08:26 – The first thing what managers do is ask for the budget
- 09:10 – Research says that the #1 reason why people leave — the lack of development
- Training should be built-in to budget
- 11:19 – At Factor 8, they guarantee 3X the ROI from training employees
- Salespeople also need continuing education credits like other professionals
- 13:05 – Lauren shares how much training you should be doing
- 13:47 – Engage with leads & close deals! Go to VanillaSoft and start your free trial
- 15:38 – Coaching vs call-coaching
- Coaching is a style, skill development is call-coaching
- 17:50 – David shares how training looks like for him
- 19:04 – Outsource what you can, self-study what you can
- 20:23 – Lauren describes #GirlsClub as “the best damn accident ever”
- Growing up in sales, Lauren realized the power of role models
- She got sick of talking about why there aren’t enough women in sales and decided to fix this issue
- Lauren fixes women’s lack of confidence to apply to higher sales positions
- 24:07 – Rise Up On Record is a series where women talk about their F-ups
- 25:14 – Lauren has been sharing her journey of having low self-esteem
- 26:26 – #GirlsClub is hosted by The Sales Bar by Factor 8
- Here’s their website com
- 29:29 – It’s by tech and social media that sponsors come in to fund the #GirlsClub’s Rise Up Summit
- Members meeting face-to-face
- Hands-on skills training and certifications will be available
- 33:32 – Lauren’s personal mission is helping more people feel successful at work
- 34:10 – Subscribe to our show on YouTube and review us on iTunes
- 34:18 – Contact us to discuss your sales development needs
- Factor 8 – An award-winning rep and manager training company focusing 100% on making Digital sales teams successful.
- #GirlsClub/com – Lauren’s mastermind where women in sales development can join
- The Sales Bar – Online rep and manager training for a low monthly cost by Factor 8