AI is everywhere, but how does it pertain to Sales Development? Will robots take our jobs, is it a passing fad, or are we headed toward a future of Ironman JARVIS type of thing?
Join our expert this week, Addison Lee (formerly of Conversica now with Pantheon) who has spent several years living and studying the interaction of Sales Development and AI, and how it can benefit your performance.
If you’re in Ops, Leadership or an SDR/BDR looking for the latest info on this topic, tune in.
Also, be sure to check out The Sales Development Conference 2019, August 23rd in San Francisco! Three tracks this year, Leadership, Operations, and Rep Training. Early Bird tickets are almost sold out so grab them before they’re gone too, right here → https://tenbound.com/conference/
Big thanks to Darryl Praill of VanillaSoft for making this podcast possible. Check out their new Sales Engagement solutions here… https://www.vanillasoft.com/solutions…
#SDR #BDR #salesdevelopmentrep #salesdevelopment #prospecting #coldcalling #salesloft #outreach #sales #tenbound #salesforce #salesappointment #revenue #salesops #salesdev19 #marketingops #salesforce #tech #salestech #marketingtech #salestraining #brighttalk #salesenablement #discoverorg #leadgeneration #accountbasedmarketing #abm
In this episode, David interviews Addison Lee, Director of Sales Development in Conversica, a company that provides leading Sales AI Assistants that engage your leads through personalized emails and SMS texts. Tune in as Addison shares with us the importance of focus, and the impact of AI in sales development.
3 Key Points:
- Focus on what you’re doing and what you’re going to do.
- Increase productivity by creating a culture where employees can have their in-the-zone time.
- No matter how automated things are for your business, never forget to include the human element in your processes.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:01 – Accelerate your growth at The Sales Development Conference on August 23, 2019
- 00:54 – Subscribe to our show on YouTube and review us on iTunes
- 01:15 – Engage with leads & close deals! Go to VanillaSoft and start your free trial
- 01:40 – David introduces Addison to the show
- 02:25 – Addison shares how he got into the sales development industry
- 04:25 – Racecar driving is one of Addison’s hobby that came from his father
- 05:34 – Sports require hyperfocus which translates to becoming an effective SDR
- 07:24 – Everything just comes back to “focus”
- Figure out where to focus and what to think about
- 09:21 – Figuring how to focus people in a team has been a huge thing
- It’s less effective when you spend less than 30-60 minutes on a task you’re supposed to complete
- Blocking tasks into time buckets actually increases results by 50%
- 13:19 – Addison’s tip for leading SDRs — You’ve got to get people bought into what they’re doing
- 14:43 – “Hiring strategy is one of the most important thing”
- 15:20 – Open-Floor Plans aren’t working anymore in terms of productivity
- In-the-zone hours is what’s in for SDRs
- 19:11 – More about Conversica from Addison’s point of view
- “We give the ability to have sales teams and a hybrid workforce to businesses thru an AI platform”
- 20:33 – Engage with leads & close deals! Go to VanillaSoft and start your free trial
- 21:20 – Addison talks about how their platform looks like at the customer’s end
- 23:52 – David drops that a lot of inbound leads are never followed up on
- 26:26 – Focus your efforts on things that are human, where SDRs create a value
- Anything that is repetitious can be automated
- 29:02 – The 4P’s report for the follow-up process
- 34:34 – The human element that’s missing in some important processes may be costing companies millions of dollars
- 37:40 – Addison believes that customer experience is the way things will go
- 40:39 – David talks about The Sales Development Conference on August 23, 2019
- 42:00 – Subscribe to our show on YouTube and review us on iTunes
- 42:08 – Contact us to discuss your sales development needs
- Conversica – Where Addison is the director for sales development.