Henry Schuck is a fan favorite at The Sales Development Podcast.
In just a few short years he’s built up the data powerhouse at Discoverorg and sees no end to it’s ambitions. His focus, talent and relentless attention to detail is paying off with a rush of recent acquisitions.
Listen in as we explore his decision making process, how he considers the data landscape and what’s next for Discoverorg. This a must listen!
PS Henry’s video from The Sales Development Conference is the highest viewed video on the Tenbound Youtube site. Worth every minute. https://youtu.be/PpMf09k1zRo Coming up!
The Sales Development Conference 2019, August 23rd in San Francisco. Early Bird tickets are almost sold out so grab them before they’re gone too, right here → http://tenbound.com/conference/
Big thanks to Darryl Praill of VanillaSoft for making this podcast possible. Check out their new Sales Engagement solutions here… https://www.vanillasoft.com/solutions…
#SDR #BDR #salesdevelopmentrep #salesdevelopment #prospecting #coldcalling #salesloft #outreach #sales #tenbound #salesforce #salesappointment #revenue #salesops #salesdev19 #marketingops #salesforce #tech #salestech #marketingtech #salestraining #brighttalk #salesenablement #discoverorg #leadgeneration #accountbasedmarketing #abm
“We give companies the ability to do something with data on companies and professionals. We give them the ability to apply filters that they never thought were possible, and then we layer in all of this intelligence and intent data that we pulled together. I think that’s the real power of what we’re able to do.”
– Henry Schuck
When you’re working in sales development, one of the things that you’ll need to go into battle is information. Not just any old scraped, outdated data, but good quality information. And no one provides that kind of clean, high-quality data information like DiscoverOrg. In this episode of The Sales Development Podcast, we’re talking to the man behind the success of DiscoverOrg, Henry Schuck.
Today’s Guest: Henry Schuck
Henry Schuck is the Founder and CEO of DiscoverOrg, the company that delivers the highest quality, updated data that provides its customers the freedom to filter through their target personas in just a few clicks. Over the years, DiscoverOrg has acquired multiple companies including RainKing and ZoomInfo to grow into what it is today.
The episode touches on the following key topics and ideas:
- Check out the 2019 Tenbound Sales Development Conference (00:00)
- David introduces the episode’s guest, Henry Schuck (00:42)
- Henry Schuck, DiscoverOrg, and what DiscovergOrg does (01:22)
- Merging DiscoverOrg with a former competitor (03:30)
- Integrating DiscoverOrg with ZoomInfo (05:05)
- The first time David met Henry, and the first Tenbound conference (08:25)
- The challenges of acquiring companies (10:02)
- Going about running acquired companies (12:16)
- The human aspect of an acquisition is the most complicated (14:48)
- Not married to one brand, choosing the best for growth (15:28)
- The luxury of leaving the acquired company alone for a year (17:22)
- Where Henry Schuck thinks the data space is going in the next few years (18:32)
- The key facet of what DiscoverOrg does (22:42)
- Pivot from other contact information apart from direct dial phones (24:42)
- Where you should spend your time when you’re a senior executive (29:26)
- Coming up with the name DiscoverOrg (32:48)
List of Resources Mentioned in the Episode
- Henry Schuck
Enjoyed this podcast? Want to listen to more episodes to enrich and accelerate your sales career? Hop on over to Tenbound.com!
Next Episode: https://tenbound.com/podcast/episode-93-blake-johnston/