Sales Development is both an art and a science.
While most sales professionals are comfortable with the art part, the science can be a bit more challenging.
However, we need to know what messaging or modalities are working, and what are not, based on data versus hunches or opinions. We need the science.
Blake Johnson has cracked the code on experimentation with his company Outboundview and breaks down how you can specifically set up your team to embase experimentation and use it to radically improve your results.
Listen in as we discuss how exaclty to set this up at your company.
Update: The Sales Development Conference 2019, August 23rd in San Francisco. We have a few Early Bird Tickets left right here → http://tenbound.com/conference/
Big thanks to Darryl Praill of VanillaSoft for making this podcast possible. Check out their new Sales Engagement solutions here… https://www.vanillasoft.com/solutions…
#SDR #BDR #salesdevelopmentrep #salesdevelopment #prospecting #coldcalling #salesloft #outreach #sales #tenbound #salesforce #salesappointment #revenue #salesops #salesdev19
#marketingops #salesforce #tech #salestech #marketingtech #salestraining #brighttalk
#salesenablement #discoverorg #leadgeneration #accountbasedmarketing #abm
“That’s basically what inside sales is, right? It’s getting something out there that you think is going to work for whatever reason, testing the results, and then iterating on them and scaling what’s working and killing what isn’t.”
– Blake Johnston
Whether you’re a new sales rep or an old sales rep, we can’t deny that it’s easier to just go through the motions of what your manager tells you to do. You get to do the same things over and over to get the same results every time. But have you ever thought about what would happen if you did something new, something different? In this episode of The Sales Development Podcast, we’re talking to OutboundView’s CEO, Blake Johnston, about the wonders of experimentation and how we can build a culture of experimentation and creativity.
Today’s Guest: Blake Johnston
Blake Johnston is all about B2B lead generation. As Founder and CEO of OutboundView, they help companies discover new opportunities—because all closed deals start with identifying opportunities.
The episode touches on the following key topics and ideas:
- Check out the 2019 Tenbound Sales Development Conference (00:00)
- David introduces the episode’s guest, Blake Johnston (00:58)
- Blake Johnston and his company, OutboundView (01:05)
- Creating a culture of experimentation in your sales development program (02:48)
- AB testing vs. hiring experimenters (04:05)
- As a manager, how do you set up a culture of experimentation and creativity? (04:55)
- Integrating experimentation by an experiment board (05:46)
- Getting the team engaged in the experimentation meetings (07:20)
- How the experimentation meetings usually work (08:48)
- Where the responsibility of keeping up to date with the experiment lies (11:05)
- Immediately scaling up what works (12:05)
- The amount of time given to see if an experiment works (13:16)
- Agile and lean start up principles (14:28)
- Lean startup client and inside sales (16:03)
- What to look for when interviewing future members of your team (17:50)
- A focus on learning and iteration (18:52)
- What iteration means for Blake Johnston (19:33)
- Bias toward action and what it means (22:00)
- Curiosity is valuable in the process (23:54)
- Having a growth mindset (25:03)
- Identifying a fixed mindset vs. a growth mindset (26:04)
- How to move the team toward a more agile philosophy (27:24)
- Where to find and get in touch with Blake Johnston (29:56)
List of Resources Mentioned in the Episode
Enjoyed this podcast? Want to listen to more episodes to enrich and accelerate your sales career? Hop on over to Tenbound.com!
Next Episode: https://tenbound.com/podcast/episode-94-lakesha-magee/