This week on The Sales Development Podcast, we are doing the final in a four part series called Freedom Fighters, where we interview entrepreneurs who have gone from the corporate world to entrepreneurship and have utilized their Sales Development skills to start successful businesses. Leave us a comment to let us know what you think of the series!
Prior to starting SigParser our guest this week Chris Landry was a successful Sales professional and Sales Development leader. Using his experience and skills, he created a solution in SigParser that creates a comprehensive view of your customer and team activity to make more sales.
Listen to how Chris came up with the idea, how he used his experience to start the company and his plans for future success!
#sdr #bdr #salesdevelopment #sales #marketing
“If you can stay somewhere, if you can make your numbers, show you’re successful,
then that kind of tenure along with that success is the most important thing that
you can do.”
– Chris Landry
“If you really nail outbound, you have a superpower that I think a lot of people
– Chris Landry
The final installment of the Freedom Fighters series, this episode features SigParser founder, Chris Landry where he’ll talk about how he climbed through the ranks from scraping up email inboxes to SDR to team lead to leaving the corporate world and founding his own company.
Today’s Guest: Chris Landry
Chris Landry landed his first sales job at Siebel where he closed deals and managed sales teams. Climbing the ranks up to regional sales director, he left the corporate world in 2019 to pursue entrepreneurship by starting his own company, SigParser.
The episode touches on the following key topics and ideas:
- An introduction to the Freedom Fighters Series (00:00)
- David introduces the episode’s guest, Chris Landry (01:08)
- Chris Landry’s background, climbing up through the ranks, and founding his own company, SigParser (01:46)
- From cleaning up email inbox to running his own team (04:35)
- How to not be afraid of asking and just going for it (06:35)
- Find a good mentor in your organization (08:32)
- Approached by SDRs and being asked for promotions (09:00)
- Tips and advice for SDRs beyond building out a support network (11:48)
- Chris Landry’s advice for struggling SDRs who got into inside sales (16:17)
- The 3 T’s: timing, territory, talent (18:02)
- What to do if the timing is not right and you’re not getting any mentorship (19:16)
- The process of going from a corporate environment to entrepreneurship (22:15)
- The difficulties behind transitioning from corporate (24:54)
- How Chris’ sales development skills are helping him in his company (26:28)
- The need for a sales development team despite having a viral product (28:35)
- How Christ thinks field sales are also changing (30:30)
- How to get in touch with Chris Landry and SigParser (32:30)
List of Resources Mentioned in the Episode
- Chris Landry
- LinkedIn | Email
- The Little Shop of Horrors (1986)
Enjoyed this podcast? Want to listen to more episodes to enrich and accelerate your sales career? Hop on over to Tenbound.com!
Next Episode: http://tenbound.com/podcast/episode-122-dave-hawley/