This week on The Sales Development Podcast, we are doing a four part series called Freedom Fighters where we interview entrepreneurs who have gone from the corporate world to entrepreneurship and have utilized their Sales Development skills to start successful businesses!
I’ve made this journey of the past 3 years with @tenbound and I’m excited to share how Sales Development prepares you in many ways for entrepreneurship!
We are very excited to welcome Matt Halle of Lead2Growth to the first in this series and our hats go off to all the Freedom Fighters out there who are making it happen on a daily basis.
#sdr #bdr #salesdevelopment #sales #marketing
“The one piece of advice I ignored in the beginning was they said, ‘You should never
hire some money until you go out and you build your processes out and
you really understand the business.’”
– Matt Halle
“Many business owners in the first handful of years, they spend a lot of time working
in the business, but what you need to be able to do is you need to be able to
step out of that and work on the business.”
– Matt Halle
This episode is the first installment of a mini-series called Freedom Fighters, where we take a look at people who were once in the sales and sales development space and have decided to take a leap into entrepreneurship.
Today’s Guest: Matt Halle
Matt Halle started his sales career as a sales rep who absolutely hated CRM systems thinking it was merely a tool micromanagement. It was later into his career where he saw the potential of CRM and how it can dramatically increase sales—and revenue. Now he’s running his own company as the president and CEO or Lead2Growth where they help other companies grow by plugging in their own CRM systems.
The episode touches on the following key topics and ideas:
- Thank you for taking the time to listen every week (00:00)
- David introduces the episode’s guest, Matt Halle (07:05)
- Matt Halle, his background, and Lead2Growth (07:42)
- The thought of starting a company and going into entrepreneurship (10:02)
- Having the space to try new things and mess up when you’re younger and have less obligations (12:00)
- The first steps into entrepreneurship (13:11)
- Not having the answers your employees need (15:10)
- Starting the company and the salary payouts (17:04)
- Having to wear all the hats at the start (18:20)
- Enjoying selling and keeping at it himself for a while (20:26)
- The next steps to making Matt’s company successful (21:11)
- No engineer and development person, and not a lot of money on hand. What to do? (23:12)
- The team isn’t the only thing that’s important—the process is, too (25:25)
- Weighing in on the process of reorganization and unifying the process (26:30)
- Business growth in the face of reorganizing all the processes (29:06)
- Closing enterprise deals as an eye opener (30:30)
- The challenges that Matt’s company faces now moving forward (31:52)
- The difference between working on the business and working in the business (33:15)
- The importance of having a streamlined process to be able to scale up (34:24)
- The upsides and downsides of starting a company (36:18)
- How to get in touch with Matt Halle (38:18)
List of Resources Mentioned in the Episode
- Matt Halle
- The E-Myth Enterprise: How to Turn a Great Idea into a Thriving Business
Get it on Barnes and Noble | Walmart | Amazon
Enjoyed this podcast? Want to listen to more episodes to enrich and accelerate your sales career? Hop on over to Tenbound.com!
Next Episode: https://tenbound.com/podcast/freedom-fighters-series-episode-two-garrett-mehrguth/