This week on The Sales Development Podcast, we are doing a four part series called Freedom Fighters where we interview entrepreneurs who have gone from the corporate world to entrepreneurship and have utilized their Sales Development skills to start successful businesses! Leave us a comment to let us know what you think of this.
On this episode, we dive in with Leo Quinn, Marketing Agency owner on a quest to conquer the barrier we all face each day: the scary word NO.
Following the philosophy of “GO FOR NO” by Andrea Waltz, Leo set out to gain thousands of NO’s this summer and learn from this experience to help him achieve. Learn with us as to why NO is actually not the worst thing you can hear, but actually the best in building your resilience, confidence and momentum!
#sdr #bdr #salesdevelopment #sales #marketing
“People like to be liked and no is a rejection, and no one likes to be rejected.” – Leo Quinn
“The thing I like about the rejection challenges is anybody can do them that you just
have to come up with the courage to start.”
– Leo Quinn
The third installment of the Freedom Fighters series, we’re talking to the guy who actively sought out one of the biggest barriers for us in sales and sales development: “no.” May Leo Quinn’s story of his Summer of a Thousand No’s inspire us to overcome the fear of rejection.
Today’s Guest: Leo Quinn
Leo Quinn decided early on that he wanted to be an entrepreneur, so he started with setting up his own company, a carpet cleaning service. Before pursuing the Go for No challenge, he’s never had anyone tell him no because he always bent backwards to get a yes. Now on his 464th ‘no,’ he’s seen more opportunities than ever.
The episode touches on the following key topics and ideas:
- An introduction to the Freedom Fighters Series (00:00)
- David introduces the episode’s guest, Leo Quinn (01:08)
- Leo Quinn and his work as a marketing implementer (01:33)
- The pull to become an entrepreneur instead of going the path of working in a company (04:00)
- The impetus behind choosing a carpet cleaning business (06:08)
- The Go for No philosophy and how Leo puts it into practice (08:27)
- Leo’s opinion on why ‘no’ is so hard to hear (10:34)
- Leo’s goal in The Summer of a Thousand No’s (12:03)
- The other side of the ‘no’ (13:05)
- Advice for those doing the Go for No challenge and is getting disheartened by the rejections (17:20)
- No guts, no story: the half-bucket of blacktop (18:40)
- The expanse of the Go for No challenge and the stunt no’s (20:18)
- Don’t let fear stop you, make a Rejection Club instead (22:10)
- Leo’s advice for people who aren’t just afraid of being rejected in calls but are also afraid of what their co-workers might think of them (23:15)
- Current tally for Leo’s no’s: 464 (25:38)
- How and where to get in touch with Leo Quinn (28:36)
List of Resources Mentioned in the Episode
- Leo Quinn
- Leo J Quinn Enterprises, LLC.
- Adventures in Rejection
Website | Facebook Group
- Go for No! Yes is the Destination, No is How You Get There by Andrea Waltz and Richard Fenton
- Jia Jiang: Hundred Days of Rejection
- Jia Jiang’s Rejection Therapy
Enjoyed this podcast? Want to listen to more episodes to enrich and accelerate your sales career? Hop on over to Tenbound.com!