Effective/Updated July 1, 2020
Thank you for your interest in Tenbound Inc, a California corporation (referred to herein as “we”, “us,” or “Tenbound”) and the services and opportunities we provide.
Personal Information We Collect
“Personal Information” is any information about You or other users of our Site that could, either alone or with other information, personally identify you or otherwise be linked or connected to you. For example, an IP address,
name, company, title, telephone number, photograph, mailing address, or email address are examples of “Personal Information.
Personal Information does not include aggregated, non-personally identifying information that does not identify a person and cannot be linked to or connected with a person.
Personal Information you provide to Tenbound
Registration details. Basic information such as your name, email address, job title, company, and country provided to us when you register for an event or request information on the Site.
Payment information. If you register for an event or make another purchase, we collect your full name, address, and credit card information but Tenbound does not process or store that information. Payment information is processed and stored by Tenbound’s third-party payment processor.
Profile information. You may choose to provide more information such as your photograph, or a URL.
Tenbound may take photographs and videos during Tenbound events, and/or record virtual events, and your images may be used in social media posts and marketing materials. If you do not want your image to be recorded from virtual events, please be sure to keep your camera and mic “off.”
You can opt-out of being photographed or videoed at in-person events using the opt-out link below. If you opt-out, your name tag will include an identifier of your opt-out (e.g., a sticker or different colored name-tag), which you must wear during the event in order to be appropriately identified. By removing any photo/video opt-out identifiers during the event, you shall be deemed as having rescinded photo/video opt-out. Photo/Video Opt-out Request Form.
Information submitted on behalf of another person
Personal Information automatically collected
- If you register and make purchases from us, we automatically collect information about the date, time, and amount charged.
- When you access the Site, we collect the same information collected by most websites, including information about how you use the Site, the pages you view, the website that referred you to us, your IP address, and session information that may include the date and time you accessed the Site. We collect this information from all Site visitors and it may contain Personal Information. Where necessary, we first obtain your consent.
- Subject to your consent, we collect information from cookies and other tracking technologies (described below), which may include your preferences and your device.
- We collect device information when you visit the Site, such as the IP address, browser, language preference, or device type, and this may include Personal Information.
Personal Information collected from third parties
Tenbound may collect Personal Information about you from third parties, for example, if you sign up for an event or request information from one of Tenbound’s sponsors or business partners. Tenbound may purchase Personal Information from third-party data brokers.
How Tenbound uses your Personal Information
Tenbound may use your Personal Information as follows:
- We use your Registration Information to complete your event registration and to manage the event, which may include communicating with you about the events and delivering the services you purchased.
- We use your Payment Information to provide you with the paid event registrations and other services you request.
- We use your Registration Information and Profile Information to recommend relevant content to you.
- We use your email address to communicate with you when you have given your consent, where required, and only for the purposes we disclose.
- We may use Personal Information to suggest content or events that might interest you.
- We may use Personal Information to conduct surveys and will obtain your consent, , where required, prior to doing so.
- We use Device Information and Usage Information to learn how you use the Site and to improve our Site and other services.
- We may use your Personal Information for security purposes or to investigate fraud, if that becomes necessary.
- We use your Personal Information to enforce our Terms of Service and to comply with legal obligations.
If we need to use Personal Information for any other reasons, we will first ask your permission.
Personal Information We Share with Third Parties
Tenbound may share your Personal Information with third parties in the following circumstances:
With business partners
Based on your consent
We share your Personal Information with your consent when we let you know what will be shared, the purpose of sharing, and the recipient of the Personal Information. For example, if you request information from a third party while accessing third party content on the Site, we may share your name and email address with the content provider.
With Tenbound’s service providers, event sponsors, and to companies in our Business Directories
Tenbound may disclose Personal Information, such as your name, company, title, and email address that you provide during registration, to service providers who process that information for purposes such as event registrations. If we have your consent, we also share your Personal Information with some sponsors of events for which you register. Tenbound may disclose similar Personal Information to the respective companies if you request information about companies in Tenbound’s Business Directories.
For security reasons
In the unlikely event it is necessary to investigate or respond to a security incident, we may share your Personal Information with service providers for the purpose of addressing the security incident.
For legal reasons
Before sharing information to comply with legal process and legal obligations, Tenbound will make a reasonable effort to notify you of a legally compelled disclosure of your Personal Information. If Tenbound receives a valid subpoena, court order, or similar order, we may disclose Personal Information we collect about you if, in good faith, we believe that disclosure is necessary to comply with legal obligations or to protect our rights.
Ways you can withdraw consent to share your Information
You can opt-out of having your Personal Information shared with third parties by notifying Tenbound using the Do Not Sell My Personal Information Request Form, which can also be found on Tenbound’s home page. If you submit an opt-out request, Tenbound will refrain from disclosing the Personal Information associated with your request in accordance with Civil Code Section 1798.120.
Tenbound may share aggregated, non-personally identifying information with others about how our users respond to offerings such as conferences, other events, blogs, or other content on the Site, or to monitor and improve the Site.
Cookies and Other Tracking
We may also use third-party service providers who help us track and evaluate how users use our Site so we can improve our Site and performance. Where we use third-party providers, we limit the type of Personal Information they can collect and the purpose for which they can process the Personal Information.
Our emails to you may contain a pixel tag, which is a small, clear image that can tell us whether you have opened an email and what your IP address is. We use this pixel tag to make our email more effective for you and to ensure that we do not send you unwanted email.
Right to Access or Delete to Personal Information
You have the right to request that Tenbound provide you information about the categories and specific pieces of Personal Information that it collects about you, the sources from which that information is collected, the business purposes for collecting the information, and the categories of 3rd parties with which the information is shared.
Tenbound does not offer financial incentives or price or service differences to consumers in exchange for the retention or sale of Personal Information.
Security of Personal Information
Tenbound takes measures reasonably necessary to protect your Personal Information from unauthorized access, alteration, or destruction; maintain data accuracy; and help ensure the appropriate use of Personal Information.
For EU Residents
Legal bases for processing Personal Information
To the extent that your Personal Information is subject to the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), Tenbound processes Personal Information on these lawful bases:
- To perform a contract with you, for example, to complete an event registration and host the event.
- Based on your consent, such as when you request information about a company in the Business Directories.
- When necessary for our legitimate interests, such as legal compliance, security, or to maintain the integrity of the Site and services.
We try to meet the privacy expectations of people from different countries and work hard to comply with the applicable data privacy laws. For example:
- Tenbound provides clear methods of informed, specific, and freely given consent at the time of data collection.
- Tenbound collects the minimum Personal Information necessary.
- Tenbound offers you a simple way to access, update, or delete Personal Information we have collected, where legally permitted.
- We provide notice, choice, accountability, security, and access to you regarding your Personal Information.
If you are a resident of an EU member state, you have the right to file a complaint with your local supervisory authority.